1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6 and error message

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Happy37, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Happy37

Happy37 Member

Hi,

I'm having problems with Nero 6 burning cd's, be it a new session or a multisession disc.

The problem comes after I've selected the files that I want to burn, and it comes up with the message - "drive is in use by another application".

I've used msconfig to disable all start-up programs, uninstalled and reinstalled Nero 6, and still get the same message, yet Nero has worked before.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried disabling Windows' built-in bunrning app? It's useless anyway.

Start>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services - scroll down to "IMAPI CD Burning COM Service" then double-click it. A new window will pop up where there will be a drop down called "Startup Type", choose "Disabled" then click OK.

Packet writing software such as InCD can cause this as well as some media players that may be running.

Hope this helps :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2004
  3. Happy37

Happy37 Member

Nephilim

Thanks for the advice.

Just to let you know that I've since re-formatted my system and re-installed Windows XP Pro, and have also put Nero6 back on the system and it all works fine.

Please keep up the good work.