1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6 and Pioneer 108=No DVD writing

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nigeynige, Sep 21, 2004.

1. nigeynige

nigeynige Member

I've tried continuously to get the DVD burn icon to appear on my Nero 6, but it doesn't seem to want to recognise DVD's. Pioneer 108 is the latest DVD writer, yet Nero's support team(and they've been pretty good) have yet to spot the problems. I downloaded the latest updates for XP(pack 2) and Nero,but still can't get NERO to write any DVD's.
    It's frustrating and I must admit that I'm begining to think it was a mistake buying the drive. I was using Nero5 with a CDwriter before and no problems.
    Nero6 does write CDr's, but DVD's?????
    Can anyone suggest anything(apart from throwing the computer out of the window).
    Nige

2. colw

colw Active member

You are probably using an OEM version of Nero - most OEM versions have the DVD burning option disabled. Try dowloading a full working trail version from the Nero site.

3. nigeynige

nigeynige Member

Thanks for the reply.
    Yes you are right. The OEM version is what I'm using. However when it was sold to me, why did they say it was able to write DVD's....
    BAD SALEMANSHIP-Stupid customer for not checking...
    Nige

4. colw

colw Active member

The trail version from Nero should work and should be good for a month (although I understand the trail version is replaced towards the beginning of each month)so you might only get apprx 10 days. Worth looking at and see if it is what you want.