1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6 Any Good 4 Creating SVCDs???

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by miguel01, Sep 19, 2003.

1. miguel01

miguel01 Member

Hi I have tried 4 many times 2 create a SVCD in nero the result:

I have a 55min 600mb avi file that i have tried to encode with nero and each time it finishes encoding it doesnt fit my 700mb cd.

I have told nero to fit it on a 74 min cd I have tried 4 a 80min cd I have tried the custom bitrate that goes from 150kb/s to 300kb/s none of them make a final file that can fit in my 700mb cd.

Does Nero have a option tab where I can change de encoding settings?

Do I have to encode the file first to mpeg1 or 2?

Thankz for any answers

M

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. SVCDs need to have a very exacting bitrate.. you cant go changing the bitrate around too much. For SVCDs there are usually two common video bitrates chosen 2250kb/s abd 2376kb/s. For audio it must be 44.1khz, stereo, 224kb/s

2. Secondly your movie must conform to either a resolution of 480x480 or 480x576.

3. The Nero encoder is POOOOOOO

4. What is the final size of the encoded movie?

5. Try using TMPGEnc

3. miguel01

miguel01 Member

Well thats not good news, since i thought nero would be good 4 this job. I jave seen TMPegenc but i have another cuestion:

Every time i get a svcd or a vcd or when i do them in nero the cd contains some folders(like video ts or sound ts and a couple more) I think thats the way it should be

BUT

when i have used other encoders and i encode it to mpeg1 or 2 It only creates a single mpeg 1 or 2

so 2 me that doesnt look like a real vcd or svcd.

So my cuestion is if i create a single file like the *.mpeg(1 or 2) will the dvd be able to read it?

Thankz alot

M

if you have yahoo mesenger please tell me so we could probably talk easier.

Thankz again.

4. miguel01

miguel01 Member

Hi

I havent heard any replyes yet on my last post, but I have another cuestion:

I thought that a vcd or svcd cd had to have some folders like (CDI, EXT, MPEGAV, VCD Etc...) but almost all encoders give you just une mpeg 1 or 2 files at the end of the encoding so my cuestion is:

Does a SVCD or a VCD have 2 be like the example i sowed before whit all the folders or could it be just an mpeg1 file????

Thankz alot

M

5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

The idea is to encode a movie using TMPGEnc or whatever... then you open Nero --> Super VIdeo CD and use that MPEG file as the file to burn... the rest of the files are all standard and as such will automatically be created. The important file is the MPEG file!

6. miguel01

miguel01 Member

Ho Ok Now I get it so that single archive doesnt play in the player I need 2 send it into nero 4 burning ok that answers my cuestion.

Thankz alot

M