1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6 bug, help to verify!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by cd-rw.org, Dec 15, 2003.

1. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

hey guys what's up!! I am having a rough time burning mp3 files from Kazaa with Nero 6 version 6.3.0.2. I normally get the files from my music and use the make an audio cd option and burn with no problems??? As of late, I've had to convert my mp3 files to wav in order to get them to burn on a cd-r. I heard you had to purchase some kind of mp3pro encoder for 30 bucks that was not included with my full version of Nero. I don't know if that's true or not?? Anyways, a few days ago after getting sick and tired of making coaster after coaster I used the Roxio Easy CD&DVD Creator software that came with my TDK DVD burner. To my surprise, I was able to Burn the mp3 files from Kazza onto a cd-r using the audio cd option. I still need to know why nero doesn't do it or maybe I need to re-configure something. Help Me Please!!!!!!!!

2. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

I can't burn files from my hard drive with Nero 6??? I have to conver files to Wav First??? What the hell is up with that????

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I don't know as your question is more audio related m8. I use EAC (Exact Audio Copy), a free program. Easy CD DA Extracter, WinAmp 5.02 (full or pro) and Feurio CD Writer! are excellent programs for backing up audio. Google up EAC (Exact Audio Copy)

Shoey :)

4. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Okay, a potential fix for the odd Nero crashes and the drive lockups.

Check out the Nero cleaner tools from:

http://www.nero.com/de/631938347293151.html
    http://www.nero.com/en/631938356417810.html

1) Uninstall everything by Ahead
    2) Clean the system with the tools
    3) Verify that everything is truly removed/uninstalled
    (Optional: You might wan't to run a general registry cleaner such as JV16 Power Tools jv16.org)

The reinstall Nero 6 and update the latest patches. I am not 100% sure about this yet, but this might have fixed my Nero 6.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]http://CD-RW.ORG
    Serving The Burners
    Burning The Servers[/small]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2004
  5. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

It can help. It's helped in the past when I was updating 5.5. I try the latest Nero's on virgin installs of Windows (I take lots of Drive Images, even one right after XP has been activated. :> This makes it the best test environment as all you need to do is install the software necessary to test the tasks with. If it still doesn't work, then, the problem's with a.) the software or b.) the PC itself straight from the factory, either in hardware or software configuration, and, there's nothing you can do in either case. :>) whenever I get a problem to see if it repeats even on a system that isn't my live one.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2004
  6. tam30over

tam30over Member

ive used nero for lots and lots of years and just trying to work out this nero 6 but if you try and look i think its getting there with a little help from friends.
    one of the best recording software going

7. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

When I changed from Nero Burning Rom 5.5.10.42 to Nero 6 Ultra it couldn't have been smoother (was a fair while ago now) ;-)

But i do stress that it seems Nero 6 Ultra Edition seems to be okay for most ppl whereas most Nero 6.x.x.x versions appear to be buggy...

Have done many VCDs & no lock ups ever (well to date anyway). I dont do SVCD as I'd put files onto DVD-R instead : ]-

Last edited: Feb 13, 2004
  8. spyderfry

spyderfry Member

I have the a similar problem here with the NEC 1300 also. When my drive locks up, the Nero 6 counter continues, the LED turns off completely, and the drive will not open/respond until I reboot. I've successfully manufactured a good number of DVD coasters, but out of the last 10, I've had about 3 successful burns. I've recently started to notice a good deal of read errors too (which I've never had a problem with in the past). I've got an MSI Nforce2 board with a 2200+ proc.

I've tried different IDE controller drivers and NEC drive firmware revisions with the same results, so I'm thinking it is down to Nero. I'll try the clean posted above and post my results, but are there any other recommendations for comparable software that will burn DVD files and make copies as well as Nero has for me in the past?

9. dbminter

dbminter Regular member

RecordNow is the only other software I've tried to make DVD's and it works. I just don't use it because of how it couldn't (I forget if it couldn't at all or could and did it clunky.) write an image to hard disc when burning a job. It will make disc images, but, I prefer to save time by making an image to HD first. That way, it's fairly easy to restart a failed burn, and, it reduces the number of times for files to be in use by reducing the number of files. To 1. I've not tried Easy CD 6 since they added DVD to the name, but, 5.x didn't burn compliant discs at all, and, 6.x is so loaded with bugs I refuse to try it again.

As for the Nero 6 revisions, I, too, have had problems with all revisions greater than 6.0.0.15 Patch 5203. So, I've stuck with that one.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2004
  10. miguelj

miguelj Member

I have a completely different hardware setup, similar results: P3-866, Intel Easton motherboard, Windows 2000, Sony CRX225E drive. Downloaded the demo version of Nero 6303, it crashes toward the end of burning the compilation and locks the drive.

I reverted to my old trusty Nero 5, no problems, works great, I'm happy.

11. spyderfry

spyderfry Member

Thanks everyone for your posts. I ran the clean mentioned earlier in the posts, and that did the trick. However, I was still getting occasional read errors from both my opticals, so I too went back to Nero 5.5. In addition, I put my DVD NEC _1300A drive alone on the secondary IDE channel. Everything is perfectly stable now. Thanks again.

12. DHeb

DHeb Member

In an older thread I read about a simmilar problem some people were having when burning to DVD's
    I am having the same problem on two separate mechines with Win XP pro. and different makes and models of CDRW's, when using nero the same thing you have described about it frezzing and then after comming back several hrs latter with no change and haveing to power it off to correct the problem, has happened to me, this usually renders the cdr or rw disk totally useless. even a format or erase wont work :-( I have installed roxio CD creator 5 dvd edition (I don't have a dvd burner yet) and this works flawlessly. I started to search for others who may have had simmilar problems and found both these threads.
    I haven't tried this solution yet and thought I would copy it to here so someone els can try this as well.
    I'll post something back if it works for me.
    Good luck :)

posted by:

Mag66

DVDXCopy Moderator

1 Dec 2002 3:17 PM Ok.. I have done this now with three different XP systems and each time it fixes the problem of the Nero engine not working under XP with DXC

First, make sure you turn off XP's own recording routines (Using properties/recording) for *any* recordable drives you have on your system)

Next, Install Nero 5.5.9.0 first.... (why you have to install that version or earlier is beyond me but if you try and install a later version than that one first this doesnt work at all!) and reboot... You do not have to reinstall DXC..

Make sure you are using a valid serial number and not one of the pirated ones floating around the net. (You will get either an "invalid serial number' error or nothing at all.. and you wont be able to sleect your DVD burner when the next dialog box opens..)

Now... test and if you get the Nero popup windown when it comes time to burn.. you can upgrade to the latest version of nero without problems.. and bingo.. Nero then works!!!

If anyone needs a copy of the 5.5.9.0 version.. let me know and we can work out some place for it to be uploaded to...

13. DHeb

DHeb Member

Well I atempted it and could not find the properties/recording as mentioned. But what I did find may be of interest:
    Instead of using the 'Nero Express' I used the 'Nero Burning Rom' Which had no problems at all in the burn or finalization and was rather quick :) Now all I need to do is find out where all the other fetures are that I like in express, or maybe I could configure my project in express mode and burn it in rom burner.
    This seemed to be the way to go for me.
    Good luck to everyone, hope you find a solution that works for you.
    Thanks for the info
    :) DHeb

14. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

heres my input to the 3 first versions of v6 nero!

they all knacker up discs on laed in if i use nero v5 .NRG images!!! done this on 3 version now didnt bother with any more!!!

nero v6 i have read loads on this is 50/50 it works or not? and i have yet to find out why?

so i went back to v5????42 its PERFECT! everytime.

sorry cd-rw (admin) if not totoally along your lines i get knacker at start! not end?

maybe the lead out for you?

Thcx..

EDIT!

also to note the new nero uses different codes from v5 apps! so if people are getting there neros from (whereever then beware!) as it makes it part functional only! and i think it knows also if you had a NAUGHTY version v5 on your computer before aswell!!!!

so make sure you have the code types with something like 10AA-??????????????? so on at the front.

also reformat and reinstall windows xp etc! to get rid of REGISTRY stuff hiding etc...

then load new nero!!!

TRY THIS - get a spare HD load windows and nero v6 and burn see if it makes any difference!!!???!!!

Thx
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    ITS THE BULKPAQ ORANGE "GENERATION 4" GUY www.ukdvdr.co.uk
    http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/user_guides.htm
    http://dvdshrink.info
    http://dvdshrink.info/compilation.php 2 dvds in 1[/small]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2004