1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6 cannot close dvd-r session

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by hotshot, Mar 26, 2004.

1. hotshot

hotshot Member

Hi,

I am trying to back up dvds using dvd shrink 3.2 and nero 6.3.1.6(latest version). Dvd shrinks rips the dvd's fine onto the hard disk. I can play them using powerdvd. However, the dvd-r's burnt using nero 6.3 failed to play on my dvd player (they played fine on my computer). So, I checked the discinfo in Nero and found to my surprise that dvd-r sessions were still open. Subsequently, I have made sure to run nero burning rom with "no multisession disc" and "finalize dvd" options checked. I am also selecting dvd-video from the left hand menu. I have read the nero burning rom guide several time but I can't find anything wrong with what I am doing. While burning, Nero does not complain of anything and says burn is successful. Later, I tried to burn the same dvd's using dvd decrypter and presto, session is closed and I can play the dvd on my dvd player. Any ideas as to what I can to do to produce a successful burn with Nero that will play on my dvd player?

Following is my system config.
    Win 98 SE
    500 Mhz
    NEC 2500A burner
    Media: Khypermedia dvd-r
    S/w: Dvd shrink 3.2 and Nero 6.3.1.6 (latest version)

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

NeroVision Express should close the session at the end of any write attempt.

Try this. Place one of the failed DVD's created by NeroVision Express in your DVD Recorder. Launch NeroVision Express, Nero Burning ROM, or Nero Express. It does not matter which one.

For Nero Express or NeroVision Express go to MORE->Disc Info

For Nero Buring ROM go to Recorder->Disc Info

In this window, if the session is not properly closed, then in the bottom left of the window you will have two options.

Close Session
    or
    Close Disc

Choose Close Disc and see if you are not able to play the disc.

If no options appear, then the disc or session was closed properly.

3. penthero

penthero Member

i have the same problem with nero after version 6.0.0.23. all dvd's close properly but none work in my dvd player. if noones got an answer i suggest sticking with version 6.0.0.23

4. onesaint

onesaint Guest

same problem but i use disk juggler, dvd decrypter and nero. i can find any apps to just close a dvd or cd session. its a pain. i think cdrwin can do it but the last i used was 3.8d so i dont know about it working with dvds.