1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6 Can't convert PAL to NTSC with my new lite-on burner HELP!

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by ammscray, May 9, 2007.

1. ammscray

ammscray Member

hi I all i did a search and tried to find my problem but to no avail.

I have been happily using the last version of nero 6 with my
    sony DR-710A DVD drive for the past 3 years til it just died, so I replaced it with a new lite-on LH-20A1H DVD drive.

it came with nero 7 but I've heard about too many problems and since my nero 6 system is so stable I'd rather not fool with it...

BUT, the two problems are as follows:

I can burn DVD's no problem with burning ROM or nero express, but now when I try to convert PAL to NTSC with nerovision 3 (which I do alot) the option to "make DVD" is no longer in the drop down box, only an option to make a "video CD"? (yes, DVD is selected at the top)

Doesn't make any sense, when I try to import video files, it only shows enough space to make a video CD and I obviously don't wanna do that.

Any idea why this is happening?

Second problem:

I used to have nero set to automatically booktype to DVD-ROM with my verbatim DVD+R discs, but now with the new lite-on burner, the option to change the booktype is gone...I can use the lite-on tool to change it but you need to do it everytime you burn which is a pain

anyways I can work around that, but I really need to get my PAL to NTSC capability back, any suggestions would very much appreciated!

Again I'd rather not have to install the nero 7 if I don't have to

thanks in advance!

2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

If your burner came with Nero 7 then that is the version I would use. You cant go wrong with version 7.0.8.2 or even 7.5.9.0 (which is the version I use).
    You will have received a serial number with your prog, try the 7 version, insert your serial number and give it a try.
    You can get Nero 7 (versions mentioned ) from here.

The problem you mentioned usaually occurs when you do not have the FULL version of Nero, (I know it's strange that it worked before the new burner)

http://www.filehippo.com/download_nero_7_premium/?1881

3. ammscray

ammscray Member

thanks so much for your response!

In your experience is the nero 7 version that you're using stable?

I've heard about sync problems and the like, does nerovision express convert PAL to NTSC with no problems?

I just had alot of problems with my computer (not nero related) and it took a long time to sort everything out so I'm just a bit paranoid right now thinking about installing something new!

Also the nero 7 essentials disc that came with the lite-on has all these different nero .exe files that I don't know which is which or where to start

do you think I should install what's on the disc or DL from the site the version you're talking about? I noticed the site has all the different versions of nero burning rom but do these downloads also come with all the other stuff (that I already have) like recode, cd/dvd speed etc?

Do I need to uninstall nero 6 first?

sorry for all the questions :)

Also I checked my disc and couldn't find a serial number anywhere

thanks again for your time! :)

EDIT: I'm realizing now that the OEM nero 6 that came with my sony burner is not supposed to work with any other burners, but why all of the sudden can't I "make DVDs" with nerovision 3, when I could before with no problem, even though my nero 6 sony version was also OEM and supposedly a lite version?

After reading about nero 7 on other threads I don't think I'm for trying it, not after the nightmare I just went through getting my comp stable again...

what to do? I need the PAL conversion thing and man nerovision does it so well, I wonder if there are any other progs that do it just as well

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  4. sonnet79

sonnet79 Member

You're right, in early version of Nero 7, for some reason, Nero StartSmart doesn't have this option.

If you open NeroVision from your start menu, you should have the choice of 'Make DVD' there.

S79

5. ammscray

ammscray Member

hi there thanks for responding.

no, see, I haven't installed nero 7, I still have my original OEM sony nero 6 where I used to have the make video option forever, but that option just disappeared when I put the new drive in, I didn't install any software or drivers or anything...just hooked up the new drive

I did go to the start menu and went to "Nero OEM", and everything but nerovision and recode are there, so that didn't work

This annoys me really, I don't think I'm going to use nero anymore if their new product doesn't work, I guess it means I need to buy another sony burner to use my old OEM?

6. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

The version of Nero 7 that came with your burner is probably an OEM version, try to download from the site given (either 7.0.8.2 or 7.5.9.0) and see if you can use your serial number that came with the burner....if it is accepted then you will have the FULL version with all the bells and whistles.

Also check that the latest firmware for your burner is LLOA from here

http://www.liteonit.com/DOWNLOADS/ODD/LH-20A1H/firmware/DR20LL0A.zip

7. ammscray

ammscray Member

thanks so much for your continued help here Gwendolin!

I grabbed the flash and upgraded, the question I have for you, is there any way to conitnue using my preferred and very stable Burning ROM 6.6.0.18 and NeroVision 3.1.0.21 with the new lite-on?

I know my sony was just a rebadged lite-on anyways but when I tried to open bero burning rom last night(which I never use, I usually only use nerovision or express) it said, "sorry this version is for sony recorders only" so now I realize what's happening

do you think if I try to DL the full nero 6 and use my current serial number it would be the same thing you're suggesting to do with nero 7?

as you can see I'm very paranoid to change things around right now, I just spent almost a month making my comp stable again...:(

anyways I'm using windows XP home wth SP 1 and prolly won't be going beyond that for awhile if I can help it, do you think I'll have any problems with the nero 7 version you're using if I decide to try it?

also I wish I knew if I'll be able to get my "make DVD" option back in the new nerovision 4

here's one more possibility, though maybe not so smart:

my sony DRU-710A was actually burning DVD's, and reading and burning CD's perfect, it just wasn't recognizing a DVD in the drive suddenly, so the reader is apparently out, but maybe could I put the sony drive back in, use as the slave (taking out the stock samsung CD drive) and just use the sony for my PAL to NTSC burning?

It would hopefully still recognize the nero 6 I'm using?

what's also cool about the sony is that I can burn CD's at 8X rather than 16X with the new lite-on, they play better and with less errors that way

thanks again if you have time to read and respond!
    peace
    AM

8. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

All I can suggest is to try what I have mentioned, and see what happens.

Last edited: May 10, 2007
  9. ammscray

ammscray Member

thanks for all your help!

I will eventually try nero 7 but for now I may just live with it, I found a workaround to do the PAL to NTSC with VobBlanker that actually takes less time than nerovision and it keeps the menus to boot!

have a great weekend
    AM