1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6 Crash And Burning

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by oni103, Feb 1, 2004.

1. oni103

oni103 Member

I've had this problem with just about every version(expect 6.1.5 it works fine), but it seems noone else had problem expect me so come here and figure out.

The problem is while I'm burning a cd of any kind(vcd, audio, info) it crashes right in the middle of burning and give me error report that says the mmc.dll is the problem.

Any help would be appriecated

2. triso

triso Guest

Hi,

Have you recently added new hardware? Did this problem always happen or has it just started, recently?

I had a similar problem with my network card and my burner. I reached this conclusion by seeing if I could burn in safe-mode (yes) and in safe-mode with networking on (no).

I am using XP, Nero and Roxio.

3. oni103

oni103 Member

no haven't installed hardware, and like I said in orginal post it only seems to happen with versions after 6.0.1.5(that version works fine).

The root of the problem is the mmc.dll(try search ing around net about it but no help).

Hmmm.. I never thought of it interfering with network(I use usb to connect cable modem), because I burned many cd's while modem is on I'll see if works(not likely I burned many connected).

thx for advice

4. JoeWinch

JoeWinch Member

~Maybe you guys can help me (hopefully)
    ~WHAT THE HEK IS THE IMAGE that Nero keeps talking about!!!!!
    ~and how can i stop it from burning the "IMAGE" ( it takes to freaking long)

^this is when i try to copy a cd^
    ^Not when i creat 1 ^

5. oni103

oni103 Member

Hmmm...? What exactly are burning image of or you making one?

A image is(i could be wrong here) is a copy of something, usually done with games or app cd's.

So i guess nero is asking you if want to make an image of your cd your copying?

I personally never made one.( I would think it would take awhile since there sort of like in compressed state)

6. JoeWinch

JoeWinch Member

Okay,
    Nero never gives me an option to not do the image.
    And i am copying a CD
    Whats a app cd ?
    The damn thing Never asks me to do the image.
    Bad NErO. BAD.