1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6 DVD copying

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by wjt, Feb 1, 2007.

1. wjt

wjt Member

When copying then burning from and to DVD discs, before burn, a message advises:" the disc does not have enough capacity, change disc" I am using standard 4.7 R-RW Discs. On our TV, we can copy say up to 300 minutes by selecting s;sp, etc. Can I do that with Nero? How? any answers in plain English please as I am a rank amateur. Thank You

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Nero burns based on the amount (megabytes) of data being burned which is a little different from your standalone recorder which allows you to choose based on time. Your standalone recorder adjusts its recording resolution to account for different recording time settings, i.e., lower resolution = less video data = more recording time on the disk. Nero allows up to approximately 4480 mb to be burned to a DVD5. If your DVD file size is larger than the max allowed, you'll need to use Nero Recode or DVD Shrink to compress your DVD video to fit the disk. If you don't have DVD video and instead have data to burn, you will be limited to the max allowed.