1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero 6 freezeing up while burning dvds

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by pisces52, Oct 16, 2010.

1. pisces52

pisces52 Member

it seems to be burning and freezes up and never finishes up a few hours later or even the next morning. been trying to do multable avi's and the first will play then the others dont it gets lost and tells me the disk is dirty or i have lip sync problems too.
    i also have nero 5 but the dvd burner came with 6, my sony dual format burner .
    i have tryed other disks sony and menorex and so on....all i seem to be doing is wasting disks for costers

2. attar

attar Senior member

Tell Nero to output the project to the HDD (it should be a VIDEO_TS folder containing the VOB,BUP,IFO files)

Play the files using a decent media player like VLC.

If there is no problem install and run ImgBurn.

Load the VIDEO_TS folder and burn the disk.
    If there is a problem burning the disk, click Tools > Drive > Check for firmware updates.

If there is an update, try burning again.

If there are no updates available, get some Verbatim brand disks (that say 'Advanced AZO' on the package - don't buy their Value Line product) and try again.

Play the disk on the PC then on the standalone.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  3. Song1

Song1 Member

I had problems with Vision Express 3 crashing during transcoding, not Burning ROM. This might help, though.

"I know most of you have moved on, but I wanted to provide the solution that worked for me with Vision Express 3. The problem was that the program would crash as soon as it began to transcode, and just disappear. Most times I would have to stop the process in the Task Manager.

On a fresh install of the OS I was still having the problem. I tried numerous codec packs and nothing seemed to work. Here is what I did to get it working:

Uninstalled all codec packs
    Cleaned registry with ccleaner
    Restart
    Clean registry again with ccleaner
    Restart
    Install Combined Community Codec Pack
    Install AC3 Filter

Restart

For me, the next time I started NVE3, put the file in, bingo! Started recoding and has not stopped as of this writing. Yippee! Hope this helps someone else."

4. Song1

Song1 Member

There's also a good tool, Dameon tools, that creates a virtual DVD drive to load and play VIDEO_TS folders. I used version 4 and it was freeware at the time. It has no other software than to create this virutal drive. I've used it to open ISO files and then copy the VIDEO_TS folder for burning.

5. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i had problems with nero and got told by other people on this site there are better programs.asked for suggestions and now i have dvdflick,imgburn,cdburnerxp and dvdfab.

6. pisces52

pisces52 Member

thanks for the reply,im thinking on reinstalling them , dont know if they are corupted.even tryed better disks,verbatim got dvd+rdl a 5 pack and made 3 or 4 costers. them disks are not cheap. im going to get rw's next at least ya can erase them. music worksd ok and data too. even tryed imgburn no goso back to sqware one