1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6 "Invalid field of parameter"

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Ntrik, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Ntrik

Ntrik Member

This is beginning to annoy me greatly because everything was working fine last night. This morning as I went to burn a bin&cue file I encountered a error which said "Invalid field of parameter". What exactly does this mean?

The only thing I've changed before it all went wrong was Winzip 9 beta. I'm not sure if they could have changed anything theres a possibility right? Considering that it was working one night, next morning i turn on my pc and it all goes wrong.

I'm pretty sure there are a few things I can burn (making a data cd in nero) can be done but other things such as burning bin files and burning audio cd's gives me the error.

Suggestions? Thanks.

2. TehParts

TehParts Member

The only thing I can think of might be that the path in your .cue file is not going to your .bin file, Open your .cue file in notepad and look to see if the path is right to your .bin file, if it isnt, change it so the path is right then burn, Ive had that happen before, just cant remember the message that came up

3. Ntrik

Ntrik Member

Ok I've just reformatted and I've stil got the same problem. I think it could be the burner but its strange because it can perform track-at-once but but if I try disc-at-once it just refuses to burn.

I've checked the paths and they're fine. Could it be the burner? Its a Pioneer 106 which I've just bought.

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. What format is you BIN in?
    2. I dont know much about the specifics of the A06... can it do DAO? (perhaps maybe a firmware update?)

5. Ntrik

Ntrik Member

I'm not sure what you mean but with all the bin files I've tried testing it just doesn't work.

After some googling I've found that there are quite a lot of people with this problem but this is with their pioneer 103/104/105's. And there doesn't appear to be a definitive solution to this problem. I also know it supports DAO because it was working the other day and I have the latest firmware.

I've decided to test the drive out my a friend's pc asap to see if its a problem with the drive or my pc.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2003
  6. Praetor

Good idea! (BTW what does ROAA stand for...?)

7. Ntrik

Ntrik Member

Well the film is called 'The Rules Of Attraction' so ROA would make sense, not sure about the extra 'A' though.

8. Praetor

Perhaps Disc A?