1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6 Nero Express "quick burning" feature

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by idreos, Sep 25, 2003.

1. idreos

idreos Member

I am trying to make backup copies of my dvd's using Nero 6. The Nero Express program will not allow "quick burning" from my DVD source drive to my DVD destination drive. (The burn icon remains greyed). The program works ok when I use the same drive to create an image, but this requires me to switch discs in order to copy the saved image to the dvd disc. Any help in solving this problem will be appreciated!
    Jim

2. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

if you are making backups of commercial dvd's, then you will need to rip(decrypt) them first with a ripping program to your hard drive. Commercial dvd's have CSS which should prevent "quick burning" of dvd's. Most commercial dvd's are dvd9 which are dual layer discs and have twice the information on them and will not fit on a dvd5 (single layer) and will need to be compressed before they can be written to a dvd-/+r.

Go to the afterdawn guides or check out Oriphus's guides.
    http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/user_guides.htm

I use dvdshrink to rip and compress but there are a number of different ways to do this.

3. idreos

idreos Member

Thanks for your reply.
    I am making copies of my own dvds, not commercial ones. I can copy okay using the same DVD record drive, switching the origibal for a blank disc to burn the image copy to. The problem is I can't use Nero's quick burn copy which allows the use of two DVD drives if you have them(the source drive and destination drive)
    Jim