1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero 6 problem

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by livia7916, Dec 7, 2004.

1. livia7916

livia7916 Member

I have been trying to copy data from desktop to sony cd-r using nero 6. it keeps giving me error cannot fixation, cannot burn at 8x, 16x, 24x or 32x. Has this happened to anyone else? Need help in solving this problem. My hard drive is mad dog megastor 6 in 1 and nero 6 software came together.
    Thanks

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

I'm sure something like this has happened to most people. But without a log file we can not really say if the issue you have is the same as the next guy. :)

Be sure to edit out the serial key before posting your log file.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

3. camstuf

camstuf Guest

4. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

Is Nero the only burning softy on your machine?
    If it is, are you using XP Home?
    If your your using XP Home, some versions of Nero have trouble with this.
    if your machine came from the factory with the stuff you have installed, you have a big problem, your cd drive is not being picked up by nero.
    Can you burn data files with your windows explorer at all?(assuming your using Xp home)
    Explorer's burning is backed by Roxio driver's, as you can see in the wizard. nero does have conflicts with Roxio softWARE
    nERO'S LATEST version however addresses these issues
    and last but not least, in my experience Sony drives don't like certain media types, especially Maxell CDRW's. My Sony spits them out.
    Hope this helps a bit!

5. livia7916

livia7916 Member

i installed nero 6 which came with maddog multimedia megastor 6 in 1 dvd/cd drive which i purchased separately from my dell computer. what else can i do?

6. livia7916

livia7916 Member

No I have windows ME and i don't use roxio.

7. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Livia7916,

We still need the Nero Log file to be posted so that we can properly assist you in your issue. We are all just giving you 'possible' solutions. But the log file will help us give you more accurate solutions, hopefully.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

8. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

Craig, I was looking for other possibilities to try and help out.

Unfortunately, Craig stands absolutely correct, without a log file an answer would be a needle in a hay stack to find with the info provided.

9. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Weycraze,

I know you were. :)

I just wanted to remind livia7916 that we were still waiting on this added critical information. As Livia7916 was asking what else they could do in response to your posting.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

10. EbolaZ

EbolaZ Member

Hey, I am also trying to burn DVDs with Nero that came with my MadDog CDC burner! Did you get it to work, Livia7196? I posted my querie in the Newbie thread but I thought I'd relay my story here since we are in the same boat. I apologize if I am braking Forum decorum here but I am pretty desperate.

I have seen a few threads containing the topic but have yet to find something helpful. Also, my question is multi-faceted since I tried to go ahead and see if I could figure things on my own and came across other problems.

And so, the story goes that I had bought and had CompUSA install a MadDog MegaStor 6-in-1 Double Layer DVD Burner in my HP Pavilion 750n. Nero6 Ultra Edition was included and installed. Later on, in hopes of fixing the situation, I also downloaded, installed and currently run Nero 6.6.01 and VisionExpress 3 SE 3.0.1.4 from the Nero website.

When I tried to burn video that I had captured from a Panasonic DV Camcorder, Nero 6 (under the "Photo and Video" option) DID NOT have the following options as specified in the manual:
    "Make a DVD Slide Show"
    "Make your own DVD-Video"
    "Make or modify DVD+VR"

Although it had a "Burn DVD-Video files" option that was not mentioned in the manual.
    And when I did try this option, NeroExpress checked in the “CapturedVideo” folder for the file but did not recognize the *.avi file that Nero had captured from my DV camcorder. I re-checked the capturing process and Nero only allows me to burn captured video onto my hard drive either as a *.avi-1 or 2, and not the file types NeroExpress was looking for (*.bup,*.vob, *.ifo).

Another piece of information is that when I either try to burn a DVD, it only seems to allow me to burn VCDs, not DVDs. Instead, I would get a message saying that I need to get “Video-DVD” plug-in for $30. I get the same message when I try to play a DVD using Nero.

So, one question that could address all my issues is: Did the Nero 6 version that came with the MadDog DVD Burner come with DVD functionality? And if it did not, then I do have to buy this “Video-DVD” plug-in. Can anyone confirm this? A couple of clues that would lead me to think this are that (1) the manual says a DVD-Video plug-in was “optional” and (2) the jacket that cmae with the Nero 6 Ultra Edition says that it contained special versions of VisionExpress 2 SE and Showtime that do not support SVCD and DVD-Video. What irks me, if this is true, is that the whole point of getting a DVD burner was so I could burn DVDs! Why would Nero provide a program that fails to do this?!? I guess it could just be a teaser and I would really need to buy the DVD burning program separately from the burner. CompUSA was telling me that I should be able to burn DVDs with the program I got but I think they do not know what they’re talking about, especially since this is just one of several programs on several hardware of several brands they sell, that I think the guy was just talking nonsense.

Well, I do hope I gave you enough specifics here to understand my situation. Hope you could help. Thanks.