1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6 problems, please help

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by mrcool, Sep 14, 2003.

1. mrcool

mrcool Member

Hi,

I have recently got Nero 6, at first It worked fine. However the time line at the bottom has adjusted it's self from 4700 to 4500. Al the files that I have shrank in DVD shrink will no longer fit, cos I can only get them down to 4540. Another thing is, when you press record, a message tells me that my disc is to small- the discs are 4.7, and have 200m extra them what its now says on the time line.

I have reinstalled the software, and played with the preferences, and have had no luck.

Please help

Thanx

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Your discs will only hold 4450MB of data or so, even though they are marked as 4.7GB. Set DVD Shrink to output file size of 4400 and try again.

3. koola

koola Guest

Oriphus is correct but MrCool how he hell did you get 4540MB out of your DVD disc? Have you actually overburned a 4.7GB DVD+/-R and got it to work?

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I can get 4490MB quite regularly. Since i delete the credits i would be more aware of problems nearer the end of the disc and have yet to get any, however, i tend to keep it set at 4444MB or so :D

5. koola

koola Guest

Very risky overburning as most of the DVD tracks at the end of the disc are defective and will lead to data/video being burned incorectly, so I would think twice anybody!

6. mrcool

mrcool Member

Hi guy's thanks for the advice. I've gone in the preferences in Shrink, and altered it to 4400 and it works like a dream.

For some reason I don't know how I got 4450MG out of my disc- must be luck or sumthin.

And about the overburning thing, I don't really want to take the risk. I know a few people who have done it and disc's didn't turn out rite.

Thanx again, and I will keep u posted.