1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6 Sound sync issue - Burning Xvid to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by BlueOZ, Jan 2, 2005.

1. BlueOZ

BlueOZ Member

Newbie here from downunda. Treat me gently ~ !

Been pulling down xvid movies and using Nero 6.3.1.18 (Nero Vision Express 2) to code and burn to DVD using a Pioneer DVR-AO8XLA burner. Some DVD's come out O.K with Video and Sound in sync. Messed around with priority setting for recording process, so sometimes I burned as "normal" others burned at" High Priority". Not sure if this is causing my sound sync issue ?

Found with several DVD's the sound was a few seconds behind video. Strange issue too when I transcoded and burned 3 x Xvid files (3 x Files that make up one movie) using Nero VE2 and the sound re-sync'd O.K when the second and third files started playing as part of the one movie?

Some DVD's seem to also be O.K at start but progressively the sound sync gets worse as the movie progresses.

Any idea's ??????

2. davideade

davideade Member

I had exactly the same issue with Nero 6.605 and Vision Express 3.0.1.18. I had not installed the Divx codec from divx.com because it didn't appear necessary (as Nero appears to have a built-in codec).

I installed the "real" Divx codec 5.2.1 and the sound stays perfectly synced in MediaPlayer 10 (which it didn't before), but still gets gradually out of sync in Nero ShowTime 2. (I assume ShowTime still uses it's own codec?)