1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6 Ultimate, Pioneer DVD-R Discs, Buring with CRC Error

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Lutan, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Lutan

Lutan Guest

OK, I am burning movie files on Windows XP Pro. Using Pioneer DVD-R discs, The movies play good on my system, yet when I try to copy them off the disc or play them in Windows Media Player 10 on a different machine, It says the file is corrupted, also when you try to copy the files it gives me a CRC - Cylclic Redundancy Code.. What is causing this? Do I need different software? Different DVD's? Thanks

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

You might try D/Ling - DVDinfoPro ( free)and do a CRC Test on the burned media to see if there are any errors.
    That DVD-Rom that you are playing it w/ just might not like the blank media. Suggest you try using Verbatim's or Taiyo Yudens.
    That CRC Code is usually given if the media has errors on the lead-in or if it is really dirty DVD

3. Lutan

Lutan Guest

I have downloaded the software you recommended, What it is, is that there are 2 or 3 files on each DVD-R, they are movies my company sends to be streamed online. However we need to take the files off the disk. What is unique is that the CRC error will always happen on the last movie part on the DVD, we have about 15 DVD's with the same error. I need to find out the cause of it and possible solutions so it is not repeated.
    thanks

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Sounds like it was a bad master disk of that last movie

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You could try ripping the files to the HD first with DVD Decrypter..

6. Lutan

Lutan Guest

I can't the files are *.mpg and are not read by the decrypter

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Decrypter can still rip any disk as long as you use "Mode" "ISO Reade R"

8. Lutan

Lutan Guest

It has a error when i tried

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Hmmmm

Did you try maybe just copy and pasting the files to your hard drive..

It's sounding like your disks are bad either scratched/dirty you may be able to repair them with something like a SkipDr.
    [​IMG]

10. Lutan

Lutan Guest

The Discs were cleaned, no visble scratches or marks on the disc, I ran a program called DVDINfo and it told me exactly what sectors are bad, I guess there is no way around this, I just wish I knew why the program burned correctly with no errors but now when used on other machines this problem occurs on all the discs.

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Thats why it doesn't pay to buy cheap media. We have all learned the hard way about this :)