1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NERO 6 ULTRA

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by pa104inf, Feb 10, 2004.

1. pa104inf

pa104inf Regular member

I just bought NERO 6 ULTRA and wondering if somebody could tell the steps necessary to burn a DVD in NERO using the output from DVDSHRINK.

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

If you have downloaded the latest version of DVD Shrink it should integrate with Nero and burn directly after encoding so you don't need to drag files anymore. Look at all the options. However in Nero 6 make sure you have unchecked 'multisession' first. To do this open DVD 'copy disc' option, then click off the screen that appears. Then go to 'file' and then 'new' - in the new screen make sure DVD-ROM is highlighted and then tick on 'no multisession' then click on 'new' and then exit from Nero. You must click on 'new' at the end or multisession will again be selected by default when you re-open. You can now use DVD Shrink without opening Nero to burn your discs automatically with excellent quality results. Of course I'm assuming you have a seperate DVD-ROM drive from your burner otherwise you will have to enter a blank disc when propmpted.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2004
  3. pa104inf

pa104inf Regular member

I do have the latest version of DVDSHRINK but I wanted to find out how to do it seperately because of the length of time it takes to decompress and decrypt a DVD, I can run two DVDSHRINK sessions at night when I go to bed and they will be on my Harddisk in the morning. I can then burn a DVD in about 20 minutes. The longest time consumed is in the decompression and decryption as opposed to burning a DVD.

4. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Well unfortunately you do have to be patient with DVD Shrink and I presume you mean you are using 'analysis' option before decoding? That is the best way. I would suggest you go into preferences and then select 'file I/0' and then check the ' enable overlapped I/O' option. This often reduces ripping time. Personally I don't mind waiting longer now with Shrink becuase the results are always so good and very reliable and I like the direct burn option too. Burning seperately using Nero is quite easy. Just open Nero in either DVD Video or DVD-ROM(UDF/ISO) mode and then click on 'new'. Then highlight new: 'video' (not audio) and then open the folder containing the files in the right panel, then drag each file into the blank left panel (you must drag ALL files). Then click burn. Good luck.

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Guys,

I,ve never been able to get Nero 6 to burn in UDF/ISO mode, I always get a "You have added DVD content to a compilation that will not result in a DVD-Video compliant disc" warning so I always use the DVD-Video mode.

Make sure you click on the red VIDEO_TS folder located on the left side of the window before dragging any files over.
    You can drag the files over, you can also right click on em, choose "select all" from the menu, Rt click them again and select "copy to compilation" from the menu.

Heres a guide: http://dvdshrink.info/nero-video.php

Cheers,
    Frank
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]motorcycle racer
    computer newbie
    Sony VAIO
    Suzuki GSXR1000[/small]

Last edited: Feb 10, 2004
  6. Discmania

Discmania Active member

You are quite right. In nero 6 you must choose DVD-Video but in 5.5 series you can also choose DVD-ROM(UDF/ISO).