1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 6 : why has my 80 min recording exceeded a 4.7g

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by mgk, Jul 4, 2007.

1. mgk

mgk Member

Hi,

Dont how or what happened here or what ive done wrong.

Basically i do a lot of camcorder movies which i want to burn to disc.

I have a 1 hr 17 min film that i want to burn to dvd and then make multiple copies. When i produced it into an mpeg using cyberlink powerdirector and saved it, it wouldnt burn onto disc?

For some strange it has exceeded a 4.7gb disc and my mpeg is now 4.84gb,? which explains why it wont let me save, write or burn onto a std dvd using nero 6.

So i have a saved 4.84mpeg which i want to burn to dvd highest quality using nero, whats the easiest and quickest way, ...if there was such a thing.

Any advice welcome.

Yours in frustration ....

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

you are in MPEG format....... you can burn as much as 4.38Gb onto a data DVD! or you can transfer your MPEG format to DVD compliant files and burn to a DL disk if you have a DL burner and use a DL disk to burn to. Or you can use a program like ConvertXToDVD and it will transcode your MPEG file into a DVD5 (single layer blank DVD)and burn right to disk! Nero should have done this for you if you use NeroVission to transcode to a DVD5. I don't know the quality you will get with such a large MPEG file but you can transcode to the hard drive first then play it on your computer and see if you like the quality. Then you can burn to disk using Nero Burning ROM or ImgBurn or other burning software.