1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero 6

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by fisaholic, Jan 22, 2008.

1. fisaholic

fisaholic Member

i had a nero version 6,not sure which.it had many burning options of audio to dvds.the other day i got the stupid idea to get the trial version of nero 8 and i hate it and it will go dead next month.i want the 6 version i had but everywhere i go to download it it is only a trial and will expire and the one i had didnt have a expiration date.can anyone help me with this?

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Do you have the serial number from Nero 6? Did it come with a CD? Where did you buy Nero 6?

How did you uninstall Nero 6?

If you did not properly uninstall Nero 6, it is possible your serial number is still in the registry:

Open Nero Start Smart and click the "Nero Product Center" in the right bottom corner(in Nero 8 might be a little different). If nero 6 is still in the registry, you should have 2 serials displayed. Write down the serial for Nero 6.

[​IMG]

After that, you uninstall Nero 8 using Nero 8 Clean tool, install Nero 6 and enter your serial number.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/CD-DVD-Tools/Data-CD-DVD-Burning/Nero-Burning-Rom-6.shtml

Your serial can also be found in the registry by :

Click "Start" in the Windows Start menu.
    Click the "Run" command.
    The window "Run" will open. Enter regedit in the "Open" text field and click the "OK" button.
    The registry window will open. You will find your serial number on the left side in the navigation tree.
    Simply go into the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ahead\Nero - Burning Rom_Infoand double-click the "Serial" entry.
    Your serial number is listed in this location. It is structured as follows:
    1A2x-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  3. fisaholic

fisaholic Member

thanx for the info but i found a easier way.i just set my pc to the day before i installed nero 8 and it was done.

4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

okay dokey.good luck.