1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7.7.5.1 Cover Designer problem

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by raytunny, Feb 18, 2007.

1. raytunny

raytunny Member

In Nero 7.7.5.1 Cover Designer prints the booklet covers the wrong way round i.e. the front cover turns up on the back of the booklet and the back on the front. It isn't just with any new covers either, as when I print a cover out that I had made before upgrading to 7.7.5.1 they turn out the same. So does any one know if I've done something wrong or is version 7 the bag of crap I have always thought it is?
    I've actually gone back to v6.6.0.18 until this problem is resolved at least. The only drawback here is that the covers and disc compilations I have saved under 7 don't work under 6.x.x.x so all of that work is wasted. Nero 7 does seem like an upgrade too far 8-(
    Also is it just my system or does it take 30+ seconds to save a cover for anyone else? It can also compress them which can take even longer.

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Nero 7 may have more options you haven't set correctly, but for now, what type of cover material are you using? Just the track information, or are you adding graphics?

Perhaps going through your exact process would help us see what is happening.

3. raytunny

raytunny Member

Thanks for the reply. I'm using the Neato paper that has served me well for years, and am importing graphics into them.

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Well, once again, I need more specific information. Are you making CD booklets, or DVD booklets, or what? Give me the options you choose when you start CoverDesigner.

For instance, when I start CoverDesigner, I might choose CD-Standard-Audio-Empty Document. I need to know which template you are using.

5. raytunny

raytunny Member

Sorry about that, I thought I'd put CD Booklet in my first mail, but looking at it again I hadn't. I open up CD Standard - Empty Document
    and Neato CD Booklet Side A(A4) is selected at the top.

To test what prints out if you just put a letter F in the Booklet (Front) view and a letter B in the Booklet (Rear) view and then try the Preview, the Front should be on the right but it's on the left.

6. raytunny

raytunny Member

I'm not doing a very good job of this I should have said:-

I open up CD Standard - Audio - Empty Document and Neato CD Booklet Side A(A4) is selected at the top.

7. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

It looks like what you are saying is correct. I was trying to see if the way the booklet went with the CD if there could be a misunderstanding about what front and rear really meant, but it doesn't look like it.

I suppose all you might do is reverse the definitions in your own mind to compensate for the error in the program.

Do you know why they say "Side A"--is there a "Side B"?

Also, when I look at the paper stocks, if you click on the first booklet entry, the right side of the page highlights (bottom), and the second entry, the left side (top) of the page highlights, which would seem to be correct.

I don't have an older program to try your observations, but make sure and pass it along to Nero. Maybe they will correct it in the next update.

Did you notice if you hold the control key down and select the tabs, you can see multiple pages at once?

8. raytunny

raytunny Member

You have confirmed the problem then, at least it's not something I'm doing differently.

But it doesn't help for all my saved covers, they would all have to be done again. I'll reinstall an older version again.

No there isn't a "Side B" in the paper stocks.

I works correctly in 7.5.x.x it's just gone wrong in the latest update. I'll report it to Nero, although the last time I reported something they seemed to think I was just being awkward, when in fact if they change something that has worked perfectly all the time and break it it isn't the customer being awkward. It used to be the customer was always right:)

I found that out quite by accident in v6.6 don't know how long that has been implimented though. Quite neat really.

Thanks for your help. When I first noticed it had changed, I had printed out quite a lot of covers and it was only when I came to cut them out and fold the booklet covers that I realized they were wrong. I thought I had set them up wrong and wasted my good quality paper. At least I now know it's not me going senile.

Thanks again for your time.

9. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Could you do one thing for me and check the paper stock on the Neato Booklet in the version of CoverDesigner that works correctly?

Go to File-Paper Stocks, and expand the Neato CD Booklet entry. You should see 2 booklet entries. If you click on the top one, does the right hand side of the page representation highlight?

I am just trying to see if possibly the paper stock definition was changed or Nero allowed a bug to slip in.

I might even try to design my own paper stock to see how it works!

It is now several hours later and I have sucessfully created my own paper stock that prints out the way it should. The key seems to be in which part of the page highlights when you select the Booklet or Booklet(Rear). I have found, at least in this version, the left side of the page must highlight when you select booklet, and the right half when you select the Booklet (Rear)

Of course, this would probably make it unuseable in the previous versions of CoverDesigner.

If you want to design your own, have it print on plain paper with the print crop marks and borders enabled. Then you can compare it to the actual form and adjust accordingly.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  10. raytunny

raytunny Member

Sorry I'm late replying, but I've been away for a couple of days.
    I'm sorry but I can't check the settings in Nero 7 as you asked me to, as I've reverted back to 6.6.0.18 as I think it does everything I need without over doing things.

I've been extremely happy with Nero 6 and I think that's what I'll carry on with until it no longer works. I've always thought it was the dog's dangley bits since it first came out, and I still think the same.

I don't watch movies on my pc so I don't need Nero 7 with all it's bloat, I just use Nero for burning my own audio compilations, from previously bought audio cds, for listening to whilst traveling around, and putting video of the children, grandchildren and other members of the family on to DVD for posterity. So they can look back and see it all in later years, long after I'm gone (if the recording media lasts that is).

Thanks for your assistance, the way ahead now seems clearer.