1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7.7.51 Vista burning DVD Codec

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by highermat, Feb 7, 2007.

1. highermat

highermat Member

Hello,

When burning a DVD using nero express 4 under 7.7.5.1 (the latest compatible one for windows vista) it seems to only be able to use the Vista standard codec included with windows, allthough I have divx 6.5 and ffdshow installed, it only uses the vista codec.

This means that certain files I try to convert come back with messed up audio and choppy video due to them being encoded with the wrong codec.

Furthermore, there is no "configure codec" option under video options in nero express,

Can anyone help with this?

Cheers

Matt

(www.highertier.co.uk)

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

I don't know exactly what Vista does, but it is much more intensive in the DRM area. I had a DivX file I was playing with, and it would play in WMP. WMP wanted to do an update, and after the update, it would no longer play.

I know very little about codecs, but there are some programs that will check your system for what you have. I suppose GSpot is one and I am currently using Video Inspector. What you can do after you find out what you need, I can't help with, but at least you would know if the codec was available.

Oh, one more thing. When I was messing around with DivX, I got into a situation where my DVD drive would no longer function. I had to use the High/Low filter fix for the registry.

I should also add, in Vista, WMP 11, you can go to the Help-About WMP-Technical Support Information and it will list your codecs.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  3. highermat

highermat Member

I have the codecs installed, as in windows media player plays the file fine as it uses the correct codecs, but nero for some reason chooses the default windows codec which does not work.

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Do you have the name for the codec, or how it might be listed in the registry?

5. highermat

highermat Member

I'm not sure what you mean about the registry, but the name of the codecs are in my first post.