1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7.8.5.0 in Windows Vista

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by liasonace, Mar 31, 2007.

1. liasonace

liasonace Member

hi there,

can anyone help me out with this nero installation prob where i cant seem to avoid the directx 9.0c whenever i'm halfway thru the installation steps?

i tried both typical & custom options but cant seem to avoid the directx 9.0c installation.

eventhough nero version 7.8.50 does say it's windows vista compatible, but vista has already been bundled with directx 10.

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

You may want to do some research about DX10 in other areas, but do you have a DX10 capable video card?

I only had a beta version of Vista, but most of my applications requred DX9 to run. It would appear to me, that until the applications are ported to DX10, you will still need DX9 to run and I do not believe there is a problem installing both. But as I mentioned above, do some research or ask on a Vista site.

3. zebadee

zebadee Regular member

Hi :)
    You need the Directx drivers for Nero.
    Vista runs a scaled down version currently.

4. octafish

octafish Member

I also have this problem. I run Vista (and like it a hell of a lot, I might add) with an 8800GTS DirectX 10 card.

My understanding is that the Nero installation process will overwrite the DirectX10 with version 9.0c. Is this correct? What I don't want is the Nero installation corrupting DirectX10.

I asked Nero Support, on their premium rate line, but the support guy seemed baffled as he thought the latest download would recognise DirectX10.

Help and guidance appreciated.

Thanks.

Steve

5. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

I would suggest you go to one of the Microsoft Vista newsgroups. Those folks know more than anyone here.

6. octafish

octafish Member

Thanks. Have just got an email reply which illuminates this:

"DirectX 10 is not an upgrade of DirectX 9, it is a completely different version and many parts of DirectX 9 are not included in DirectX 10. Therefore most DirectX 9 applications such as Nero won't work with only DirectX 10 installed.

The installation of DirectX 9 won't overwrite any DirectX 10 files, so it is safe to let Nero install the DirectX 9 files. Only files that are not installed or installed in an older version will be updated during a typical DirectX installation. "

Steve