1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7.9.6.0 Audio Sync

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by jawae, Jun 17, 2007.

1. jawae

jawae Member

I was using an older version of Nero 7 but it was getting buggy, so I have installed the latest version (7.9.6.0) from filehippo.com

I previously had audio sync problems and had fixed them by disabling the neaudio.ax and nevideo.ax filters as instructed:

Start > Run > regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeAudio.ax

Start > Run > regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeVideo.ax

When I went to do this for this version, I noted that there is no file in this folder called NeAudio.ax

There is however, NeAudio2.ax and NeVideo.ax

Of interest, there is also NeAVSync.ax

I did a test burn of Lost Season 3, Episodes 1-3 and they did have the audiosyn problem. I am in the process of re-burning after disabling ONLY the NeVideo.ax.

My questions:

Is the NeAVSync.ax file new?

Is it supposed to fix the AV sync problem?

If disabling NeVideo.ax alone doesn't work, should I disable NeAudio2.ax next?

Thanks.Jason

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi jawae
    Check out the posts in this thread by sonnet79 and alkohol on 2 different workarounds - link.
    I used sonnet79 and works on my end.
    The only thing with either of the fixes is you won't have the transcoding preview (no biggie to me cause I never sit around to watch it) and you won't be able to play dvd's w/ Showtime.
    To play the other file formats you'll need to right click on the file and pick showtime that way.

3. jawae

jawae Member

Hi Binkie,

Thanks for your reply.

The solution you linked to (replacing the NeAudio.ax and NeVideo.ax filters with version 7.0.x.x filters) accomplishes the same outcome as disabling the filters. Only difference is that disabling them is a little faster/easier than renaming, downloading, unzipping, and extracting to folder.

The first time I noticed this solution, it was posted by Gwendolyn, so I do not take the credit.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/379172

For version 7.9.6.0, the only difference I see is that the NeAudio.ax file is renamed to NeAudio2.ax. Note that this version of Nero uses Nero Vision 4.9.6.6

Summary of Fix:

Under Start --> Run: type in (or copy and paste)

regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeAudio2.ax"
    regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\DSFilter\NeVideo.ax"

Also, I went to your website. Nice.

Jason

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Look like all the 'fixes' accomplish the same thing. Txs for this one - I'll add it to my list.
    Next time I update Nero I'll probably try this one - cause I doubt Nero will have fixed it (though they could prove me wrong). It's been going on with 7 for too long now.