1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7 and Nero Vision4

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by andygibbs, Jan 21, 2008.

1. andygibbs

andygibbs Member

Can someone help with my problem. I use Nero 7 and have been downloading videos in avi format from the net. They play fine on the PC, but once they are added to Nero, and you preview just before burning, they have a slight jump every two or three seconds. If you ignore it and carry on burning the film it plays back exactly the same. This isn't the case with every single film as some come out fine, but it jumps in the majority of cases. I have tried checking my hard drives for errors, de-frag etc and closed down un-necessary programs so my computer is basicaly just running Nero. Any suggestions greatly received.

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Don't know why that is happening, but since it only happens with some files, you could try an run them through a little tool called AviFixed and see if they have any corectable errors.
    You could also give DVD Flick a try with those problematic Avis.

http://beginwithsoftware.com/videoguides/dvd-flick-guide.html

3. andygibbs

andygibbs Member

Thanks for that. Tried burning and encoding the avi with DVD Flick like you said but unfortunately instead of just one jump or blip every few seconds, like I had with Nero, it now is just jumpy all the way through, ie: like a frame or two are missing between every other frame. As I said, the avi file is perfect when played through mediaplayer on the PC so I am assuming the file itself is perfect, it just seems to be to do with the encoding or something. I've tried everything I possibly can think of now I think, and it just puzzles me and annoys me to think that I cant beat it.

4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member