1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7 and vista

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Bob852, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Bob852

Bob852 Member

Hi all.

Can anyone help with a big problem I have recently upgraded to Vista and having reinstalled nero 7 which I now know wasn’t compatible and didn‘t work , it now won’t allow me to uninstall it , I just get error messages saying windows installer has stopped working, And that there are files missing . As you may guess by the vague information I am not to good at this computer thing so please be gentle with me. I have tried to repair the problem by using the installation disk but to no avail I just get the same message that windows installer has stopped working. I have also tried to delete the files but it just keeps saying I need permission HEEEELP.

2. 3lement

3lement Regular member

you probably deleted the files you needed to uninstall. so now it ant find them to uninstall them and you get an error message. I have vista and i have nero and they both work fine with each other. You might have problems with the other version of vist (think its 64x not sure) but the 32 one works fine. So try to delete the nero files that remain. make sure that they are not being used (running). good luck

3. huythoang

huythoang Member

i have the same problem. i have 32x as well. it says need permission when i tried to delete the remaining files.

4. 3lement

3lement Regular member

You always need premission. it keeps your computer safe from viruses that edit your program files. its good that its there. so click allow and let it delete it. if your not the main account then you cannot delete it unless you get the admin account.

5. huythoang

huythoang Member

i am the only person that uses this labtop so i am the admin. I cant find a way to let them know what i am the admin. In fact, i think it is set to admin cause i set it when i installed it.

6. Bob852

Bob852 Member

7. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Have you tried running the clean tools?

Admin in Vista is not the same as Admin in XP. There have been some basic changes as to what even an Admin can do. You might be able to start explorer as "Run As Admin" to delete the files, or you might need to start in safe mode to delete them. The Admin account is not usually activated by default, so you could go ahead and set it up if you think it might help.

But try running the clean tools as admin to see if they will remove the remaining problems. You might even have to reinstall to be able to uninstall. Of course, you may need to change the permissions on the folders you can't delete.

8. huythoang

huythoang Member

I ran clean tools and i was able to erase the Nero folder and Nero Scout icon as well. While i ran clean tools, a series of same messages came up saying Microsoft(C) Register has stopped working. Well I am reinstalling it and i thought it went smoothly til almost at the end when a message pops up saying "installer has stopped working." and "Internal Error: Custom Action DLL crashed on last call in funtion 'NeroAg_RegisterComEx'. The installer must now exit Crash Thread ID 2704 Current Thread ID 3916. And then the installer exit.
    WHy am i getting this problem? I thought things would go fine from now. By the way, it never asked me to enter my serial id or anything... funny.

thanks

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  9. Bob852

Bob852 Member

10. Bob852

Bob852 Member

I have tried to seek permission from vista in order to delete nero but it doesn't seem to want to let me in does anyone know the correct proceedure for gaining permission

I know there are some clever people out there.

11. huythoang

huythoang Member

Run Clean tools. I tried that and it erased all the nero stuff on my labtop. Here is the link: http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/General_CleanTool.html
    Lets all get together on one page first by getting rid of the existing nero then we can work together on trying to install it successfully for those who didnt have any success in the first place. It takes awhile for it to clean nero, thats how it was for me. When u think it might of froze or something, its just taking awhile. thats how it was for me

12. Bob852

Bob852 Member

Your name should be Tommy Cooper because he was magic too. Used the cleaner and now its gone Thanks a million. All I need to know now is which version of nero to download with vista (32bit)

13. huythoang

huythoang Member

Well if my name is Tommy Cooper (whoever he is) because i was magic then, well here is another trick for you. After you erase with clean tool, go here http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/nero7-demo.php and download the trial. Once it ask for your serial number enter the one that you bought from the store or wherever and it should successfully install for you. THats how i got mine to work. Figured it out late last night. Now i need to find out how to make it auto burn with dvd shrink, does anyone know how?

thanks and abracadabra

Last edited: Apr 18, 2007
  14. Bob852

Bob852 Member

Tommy Cooper was a great British comedian and magician a wonderfully talented man. Thanks for your help.
    Regards Bob

15. 1hos

1hos Member

16. Bob852

Bob852 Member

Have you tried this cleaning tool http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/General_CleanTool.html it did it for me, although I still had to delete the file in program files manually
    but this tool did get rid of the problem that was stopping me deleting nero.

Good luck.
    Regards bob

17. Clouddyd

Clouddyd Member

I solved the problem using this steps:
    1.- Download Hijackthis_v2 (I don't have the link so you must search :p)
    2.- Run this proram and fix the file: O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
    3.- Run the General-CleanTool program from www.nero.com
    4.- Uninstall Nero from your computer.

I really hated vista when this happened, but I hope that the Service pack 1 will come soon :p.

Anyway... I hope this help you all!!... bye.

18. Billy_Br

Billy_Br Member

Here's a nifty tool to get around that chronic, constant and rather stoopid Vista nag about permissions, Administrators and yadda, yadda, yadda . . .

SHUT UP ALREADY <back-hands the dumb b**** across the mug> ! !

TweakUAC