1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7 Burn failure

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by hola46, Feb 7, 2007.

1. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

as of Jan 27th you have new firmware for your new burner, <LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1H> Version: LL05, LL06 is available here: LINK
    Firmware is programming that is inserted into a programmable memory area of your drive, thus becoming a permanent part of a drive. This 'software' is called firmware and can be updated with a firmware flasher. A firmware upgrade can add new functionality to your drive. Also bug fixes and improvements are done by firmware upgrades. It also adds more media codes and write strategies to the drive to improve burning capabilities and disk recognition.

slow your burning speed down to 8x or 4x...... just because your car can go 140MPH doesn't mean you should drive it that fast! same goes for DVD writing. Many members say that burning at 16x is ok and I have tried it, too, but it depends on the manufacturer of the disk.... yours is RICOHJPN which is a good second class disk! I would only burn 16x with first class media: MIJs.. Made in Japan disks like: Taiyo Yuden, Sony, Maxell and Fuji.... check the box or spindle label and make sure it's MIJ! or buy Verbatim... made in Taiwan/Singapore and the only NON MIJ disk allowed near my burner! Verbatim is Top Notch!

do not multi task or go on the internet and even shut down unnecessary programs .... you're using too much RAM! Minimum requirements of RAM is 512k! I would even shut off your anti virus programs, too, when burning!

the stablest version of Nero 7 is 7.5.7.0:
    Before upgrading to this version I would save my serial #, uninstall Nero, do a registry clean up using this free program, CCleaner, found here: LINK then use
    Nero7 Clean tool http://ww2.nero.com/nero7/enu/Nero7_CleanTool.html

and then reinstall 7.5.7.0 from here
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_nero_7_premium/

this is a Roxio/Sonic Packet writing software file..... it's been known that Nero and Roxio/Sonic don't mix too well together.... uninstall Roxio/Sonic. some members computers can handle both but when you're having problems uninstall Roxio/Sonic!

follow these recommendations and you should have better results. good luck.

2. hola46

hola46 Member

thanks, i'll give this a try.

3. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

@hola46, You have started 4 threads about this problem...I cannot understand why!!!

4. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

I don't understand why either. Let's not do it again in the future.

5. hola46

hola46 Member

I only started one thread by clicking post reply via your website. however, the progress bar seemed to hang up briefly- not sure why 4 came up? my apologies.

6. hola46

hola46 Member

thank you for your suggestions. Again, not sure why there were 4 threads when I posted only once.
    I uninstalled Nero and SonicStage/OpenMG and all the remenants, cleaned the registry, used the Nero 7 Clean tool.
    I haven't reinstalled Nero yet because I am unable to upgrade the firmware-I downloaded the file, saved, unziped and opened it- it appeared to be running but at the end I received the message "Unable to flash firmware.Contact your vendor"?
    Any suggestions?
    thank you