1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7 CPRM Reading Issues

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by shakuro, Apr 10, 2007.

1. shakuro

shakuro Member

Hello guys, sorry to join up and immediately ask a question - but I'm getting desperate to find a solution to this problem.

Not long ago I purchased Nero 7 Premium Reloaded, a great package with many Nero products. For me, the driving force for buying this package was that the version of Showtime is supposed to have CPRM reading capabilities, as I receive DVDs from some family members overseas that have CPRM enabled.

However, after installation if I attempt to run any of the DVDs I referred to, Nero states that I do not have CPRM capabilities and I should either purchase the CPRM reading package (at extra cost) or purchase a 'full' version of Nero.

After many exchanged emails with Nero's tech staff, they believe it has something to do with my Nero installation not being able to correctly contact and register my install, which would enable CPRM reading. However, they still have not been able to offer any advice that leads to a resolution. At the moment, I cannot automatically update my Nero programs either, as it still cannot connect properly.

I have tried disabling all possible software and physical firewalls. Reinstalled several times in accordance to Nero's tech staff, and still no dice.

So, what I am hoping to find out is if anyone else has had similar issues and can anyone offer some advice that may help to fix this issue?

Thank you in advance

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Have you ever had a Nero trial version installed before?

Have you tried uninstalling, running the N7 Clean Tool, the Driver Clean Tool and then reinstalling N7?

There maybe something in the registry causing problems. After uninstalling and running the Clean Tools, do a search and delete for anything "Ahead" or "Nero".

As a last resort, you may need to backup your data, reformat your HD, and reinstall the OS.

3. shakuro

shakuro Member

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have run the clean up tool before, it was one of the steps suggested by Nero tech staff.

Still not sure how this would stop me connecting to their servers for updating/registering though?

4. shakuro

shakuro Member

So no-one can help me here?

5. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

It seems fairly apparent from the messages you related, the Nero server is detecting your version of Nero as not a fully licensed version for whatever reason. This sometimes occurs for some people after installing another version over the top of a trail or OEM version. If the Nero 7 Clean Tool and the Driver/Registry Clean Tool do not solve the problem, backup the data on your hard disk, reformat, and reinstall the OS and apps.