1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7 essentials and converting movie formatts

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cashers, May 18, 2007.

1. cashers

cashers Member

I just purchased Nero 7 Essential and am wondering how to convert movie files. I download movies to my hard drive and they are in the form of AVI files. In order to watch them in my dvd player on tv I have to convert them over to NTSC files. How can I do this with NERO...hope this makes sense
    Also, I purchased from nero today a plug-in (DVD-Video). It came in the form of email from Nero. They tell me to open smart start and click on the nero logo on the top left of the sceen. This brings me to the progam list. Then they tell me to copy the serial number supplied there but it won't let me, or I am doing some thing wrong..help.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Nero Vision will do what you need - here's a guide - link.

Nero when installed defaults to your tv format - so if it's NTSC and you have a PAL format file when you get to the last screen in Vision you'll get a pop up saying something like 'mostly in a pal format do you wish to keep this format'. Click 'no' and Vision will convert the file to NTSC also.

For the plug-in click on 'Nero' in the top left hand corner of SmartStart or look to the bottom right. You'll see an icon with what looks like a flame in it - click on it. Either one will take you to product center. Click on license and add serial # - copy and paste the plug-in serial #. May need to close Nero or reboot to take affect.

3. cashers

cashers Member

Thanks very much for your help. You made a very frustrated nero user alittle calmer....thanks again.
    CHEERS!!!!!

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

You welcome cashers

Need anymore help just post back!