1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero 7 essentials

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Rosie25ky, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Rosie25ky

Rosie25ky Guest

i have purchased a dvd lightscribe drive and got the nero with it.but i cant not get it to install.. i have done alot of things but cant seem to find out why it wont install. anyone got any suggestions please let me know. thanks

2. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

What error are you getting?

It's possible that there may be something wrong with the disk, Bring it back to the store and see if they will exchange it for another.

3. Rosie25ky

Rosie25ky Guest

I dont get no errors at all. it just doesnt load at all. I got it from newegg.com. Dunno if they will just take the cd back.

4. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

If the drive will read other DVD disks just fine, but will not read the nero cd, then I would suspect the cd, if the drive will not read anything at all, then it's a problem with the drive.

5. Rosie25ky

Rosie25ky Guest

yeah it will read games and music cds..but just not nero. i thought it was where i had nero 7 before and unistalled it and that caused something to mess it up. but i went to nero site and done a clean up. But its still not working. And i dunno how to make a lightscribe cd cause i dont have that nero to tell me how..or do i need that to tell me how?

6. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Nero isn't used to make a lightscribe cd, the application that does it is on the same cd that nero is on (at least that's how my cd was setup when I bought a new burner).

If the drive will read other cd/dvd disks and not the one that came with the drive, then the cd is bad, not only will you not be abe to install nero, but the lightscribe application as well :(

If you can, explain the problem to newegg (send an e-mail or call), see if they are willing to send you another cd.

Also, if you're willing to see if nero will install on your system, go to the site and download the latest nero7 (trial) and see if it installs correctly. If you really want the lightscribe application, then you'll need a new cd from newegg.

nero 7
    http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-nero7-update.php

7. Rosie25ky

Rosie25ky Guest

I have emailed NEWEGG about this.. I hope that they can help me.If not I dunno what i am gonna do.:( thanks for you help also.