1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero 7 question

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by violator1, Aug 14, 2007.

1. violator1

violator1 Guest

I cant play dvds after burning with "nero express or burning rom." I can play them after i burn them using nero VISION. If i load an iso file, i have to burn it to a disc using nero burning rom, but then i cant play it my dvd player. Once i load it from the disc and recode it using nero vision, the new dvd plays just fine. Is there a way to bypass the wasted dvd and first burn to get it to play right from nero burning rom? Thanks so much in advance... nero vision takes like 2 hours! Burning Rom takes 12 mins.

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Do you mean your standalone DVD player will not play them?

At what speed are trying burn? Don't burn faster than 8X even with 16X media.

Use good quality media like Verbatim or Made in Japan labeled Fuji/Sony or Taiyo Yuden (online purchase).

Is your burner firmware up to date?

Nerovision uses the Burning ROM engine to burn so I don't think that's the problem. Perhaps you're just burning the image too fast with NBR.

Where are you obtaining the ISO images?

If you already have an ISO, just use the free program ImgBurn to burn the images to disk.

http://www.imgburn.com

Edit: text added below

Are you sure you just aren't burning AVI files as data files to a DVD that your player cannot play. Nerovision would convert these AVIs to be DVD compliant. Maybe that's the problem.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  3. violator1

violator1 Guest

i'm using sony dvd-r media and burning at 6x. when i burn from avi to dvd using nero vision, the dvd's work just fine. When i burn from iso to dvd using NBR lots of times, they dont work until i load em from the dvd into Nero vision and make a new dvd out of them. weird. I think i'll try that imgburn and see how it works. Feedback??

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

If you have AVIs, they have to be converted to be DVD compliant with Nerovision (or another conversion program) for your standalone DVD player to be able to play them back, unless it also plays back divx files like those in AVI containers.

Do the files have an ISO extension? Try using ISOBuster and see if the ISO actually contains VOB files or whether it's just a disk image of a bunch of AVI files.

http://www.isobuster.com

Actually if you have WinRAR installed it'll probably allow you to click on the ISO to see what's contained therein w/r to file types. DVDs contain an IFO file, a BUP file, and the rest are VOB files. If the ISO container doesn't contain the above, it isn't DVD compliant and non-divx players aren't going to know what to do with it.

Edit: test added below

If you put one of the disks you burned that won't playback back in your PC DVD drive, what is contained on the disk? Is there a VIDEO_TS folder? If not, it's not DVD compliant. If there's just files, you burned a data DVD containing AVIs most likely.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007