1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 7 Vision not seeing my external DVD Drive?!?

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by dbobola22, Jan 16, 2007.

1. dbobola22

dbobola22 Member

Hey everyone,

I try to not to aggravate the experienced with easy questions and I thank you all for the amazing forums and guides which I used to get everything I need thus far, but now I hit a wall and am completely stumped.

I wanted to burn a dvd with Vision so I did all the appropriate steps and it even started to burn with my estimated DL time remaining, blah blah. I came back hours later and it tells me that I need to insert a blank dvd. I just took the dvd out of the package but just to be safe I attempted again.

Then I realized the problem was that Vision can not find my external DVD drive in which my computer picks up on anything else that I use it for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi dbobola22
    Did you pick the external burner in the last screen of Nero under 'Burn to'? is it listed there?
    Was another drives tray open when it asked for a blank disc?
    If you have more than 1 burner it usually defaults to the one w/ the 1st drive letter alphabetically (at least in my experience).

3. dbobola22

dbobola22 Member

Hey, I think I might of got it the second time around as I did not notice the option to choose a drive. However, it does not say A; or G; so I had to take a guess but I do believe I have it right.

The reason I had my external drive was becauase my drives on my pc do not open properly.

time to upgrade i guess.

4. binkie7

Vision doesn't list the windows assigned drive letter like the other apps in Nero - but it will list the make & model. So just pick the external one.

What's happening with your other drives?

5. dbobola22

dbobola22 Member

I don't know what happened to my drives man. Something happened where it does not allow me to physically open it and when i force it open, it just spins and doesnt read!

6. binkie7

hmmm may be shot.

If you haven't already open the case the reseat the cable from the drive to the motherboard. Make sure in nice and tight. Might want to change the power connector too.
    Then uninstall the drive in device manager - reboot and let windows do it's thing and reinstall.