1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nero 7

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by jimmedic, May 9, 2007.

1. jimmedic

jimmedic Member

Hello all
    I am new here, great to be a part of the gang. I am hoping you can help me. I have nero express 7. I am trying to burn movies (DviX)using dvd-rw because the movies are over 700mb as a vcd. After encoding etc. A pop says that i must use a cd-r/rw instead or change compatibility. Do cd-r have over 700mb? Ive tried to change the setting but am unsuccesful. I am using windsows vista premium home. Thanks again for your help.

Jim

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I don't have Nero 7 and I am not sure but when Nero converts a 700MB AVI file to DVD compliant it can be over 4.3GB maybe you should try to burn this file to a blank DVD and not a CD-RW. I'm not sure how it will burn to a VCD. I only burn Bin and Cue files to a VCD not a 700MB file to a VCD. hope someone can help you out.

3. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I have never burned a VCD only DVDs and in general a movie of around 700mb AVI (Divx) will convert to around 4+gb and therefore fit to a DVD using NeroVision.

For Vista make sure your Nero version is 7.5.9.0 or later