1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 8 DVD burning audio problem

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by peterbone, Jan 28, 2008.

1. peterbone

peterbone Member

Hello,

I'm using Nero 8 with Windows XP. I'm trying to burn a video to DVD. I initially converted the video to MPeg2 with ac3 audio using MPlayer. Nero was able to accept this format and burnt the DVD successfully. When I tried playing the video back the audio was corrupted - it was high pitched and garbled. I tried again by converting the video to mp2 audio format before burning but with identical results. The problem must therefore be happening in the transcoding phase of the burn. The DVD won't play properly on a normal DVD player or my PC's DVD player.
    Is this a known problem? Does anyone have any suggestions. Also, is there a way for me to keep trying without wasting more blank DVD's?

Thanks,
    Peter Bone

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

I am not sure about how good of a converter MPlayer is...use Nero Vision or DVD Flick instead.

3. peterbone

peterbone Member

The result from MPlayer is fine. The audio is not corrupted after the conversion. This is why I believe the problem is in the transcoding phase of the burn.