1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 8 & Lightscribe

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by august08, Oct 23, 2007.

1. august08

august08 Member

Hope someone has some ideas for me. I purchased the downloadable version of nero 8 a couple of months a go and I love it. Today I purchased an external 20x multiformat dvd writer (which I got for the lightscribe feature). The software that comes with the external writer is nero 7 and when I tried to install it, it say I have to uninstall my nero 8. Is there a way to continue to use my nero 8 with the new writer? Thanks for all the comments.

2. newtechie

newtechie Regular member

Yes. Don't use the version that came with the drive. If you're happy with Nero 8, just use that one.

3. august08

august08 Member

I tried to use nero 8 with the new writer but it does not recognize it???? I tried to uninstall and reinstall but when I went to make a lable it did not pick up the lightscribe feature? If I download the nero 7 can I reinstall nero 8 ontop of it? or will I have to uninstall nero 7? Thanks for all the help.

4. newtechie

newtechie Regular member

I don't think you can run them both at the same time. The lightscribe software is not included with Nero. You have to download and install it separately. You can get it from http://www.lightscribe.com/downloadSection/windows/index.aspx.

Hope this makes sense.
    Wy