1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero 8 PS3 performance issues

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by dshine, Jan 10, 2008.

1. dshine

dshine Member

Hi
    I have Nero 8 and PS3. Videos are a problem. I have read all the other posts and tried transcoding using auto settings, overriding etc but no matter what I do, video stops and starts frequently. I am using wireless network which claims to be running at 54mps and looking at networking tab on task manager seems to be only 17% utilised. Is this because my PC is not powerful enough. It's a Pentium 4 3GHz 1GB RAM running XP.

With music, the tracks play for about 15 seconds then restarts!

Photos are OK but very slow to load

All ideas gratefully received

Thanks

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

if your router and ps3 are in different rooms, then it's not going to run at full potential. walls, floors, placement of router will determine how much the router will output, and how well the ps3 will receive.

if you want solid connection, run a ethernet cable from the router to the ps3. or you can try third party for your router and increase the wireless power, but that's only if you have adequate cooling inside the router because you can potentially damage the router.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  3. Sudds

Sudds Active member

Or use TVersity, much better streamer.

4. dshine

dshine Member

Thanks for the help. TVersity way better! Wondering why I paid to download Nero8 or tried WMP11. I do have one problem though I wonder if anyone can help.

TVersity now streams all types well but locks up frequently. I have noticed the following: If I am browsing video clips e.g. going into one clip, playing a few seconds then exiting after a while to go play another clip. After doing this for a few times it freezes. I notice on the PC that I have several FFDShow items still open in my system tray on the taskbar (XP). It looks FFDShow still has all the clips open. Could this be causing the problem? I have to restart Tversity and stop and start media server on the PS3 to sort it.

Thanks for any advice.

5. stickweed

stickweed Regular member

That could possibly just be a loss in the wireless signal. If you ever go back to using nero, don't use the auto transcoding for movies, Choose the mpeg1 option.

6. dshine

dshine Member

Thanks - switched to wired connection from router to PS3 which seems to improve performance but still getting the lock up with several FFDSHOW icons in status bar. Even when these go, I have to stop and start media server on PS3. Any other thoughts appreciated