1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero and alcohol 120

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Tripdom, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Tripdom

Tripdom Member

I have nero and i just download a free trail of alchol 120. Im trying to burn a game that came in files called cue and bin, the game is mirrow wind eldar scrolls III i belive.

When i tryed to brun with nero i clicked brun image the selected the bin file labeled cd. i got an error message so im trying alcohol 120%. Im doing the same thing now, burn image wizard/ browse/ slecected the bin file/ Now a window came up. The window is saying "image file formate setting. It has boxes in it. Its set to
    data track mode 1
    block size:2352
    image header:0
    image trailer size:0

then 2 ceck boxes with no check called data was scrambled already and the other one is data contains EDC/ECC info sections.

Now the shocker...What do i do from here? im not sure what i should fill in. PLZ help

2. pooface

pooface Member

I use alcohol 120% on those types of files, anyway, you should have somewhere on your computer a folder with the .bin and .cue files. The .bin file should be huge, like 700,000mb or something like that, and your .cue file should be tiny 1kb usually. When you extracted the files the .bin and .cue files should have gone to the same folder, if there not put them in the same folder and remember where you put them. Go to Alcohol 120% click on image burning wizard. It will come up and say "select an image file you would like to record" underneath is a box that you can put file names in. click on the browse button and go into the file you saved the .cue and .bin files. The only one you should see is the .cue file I dont know why you see the bin file at all anyway, double click the cue file, and it should be placed in the little dialogue box to the left of the browse button. click next, then click start. this should work for you, on alcohol 120 you use the cue file not the bin. if its more than one disc and I think morrowind is, then do the same with the other disc if this doesn't work post what you did and what happened and I will try to get back to you good luck.

3. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Here is a process for using Nero posted by another memeber on this forum, and it's very direct and easy to follow. And being correct helps as well. :)

Here is how it works:
    In Nero, go to File -> Burn Image.
    Find the *.bin file that you want to burn and open it. Then you'll get a window that says: "Foreign image settings"
    These are the settings:
    Type of image: leave that unchanged to Data Mode 1;
    Then, very important, select the Raw Data check box. When you do that the Block Size (which is one line below) changes automatically from 2048 to 2352.
    That's all! Leave Image Header and Image Trailer unchanged and set to 0. "Scrambled" and "Swapped" check boxes should remain UNchecked as well.

Regards,

Craig

Ahead Software
    USA