1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero and cd/dvd(s) created by Roxio

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by SiberLynx, Jun 4, 2007.

1. SiberLynx

SiberLynx Member

Greetings
    {XP Pro, SP2; Nero 7.9.6.0}
    Quite a while ago I encountered a problem when I wasn’t able to add some data to the data CD created on another computer by Easy CD Creator 4.2.
    At that time Nero version was latest 6 or early 7(not really sure).
    I definitely remember that I could pass the stage with “allow to add data” then choosing files to append… but the burning itself failed.
    It wasn’t very important issue for me. Mainly the only thing I needed was to get some backed up data from that CD.
    Now it is a new Core 2 Duo box here and the latest Nero. The same CD was used to copy data in order to install some beloved things.
    Then out of curiosity I decided to check how adding data would go and it was a bit of a shock because as soon as “Create Data CD” was chosen in Nero Express the computer went to a complete trance with frozen hourglass and blocked keyboard. The only way to wake it up from coma was the reset button.
    Before making a second attempt I checked with Nero InfoTool. It recognised CD as created by Easy CD creator 4.2. The result of the 2nd experiment was the same.
    Are there any known compatibility issues between Nero and Roxio created CDs DVDs to be aware of?
    Thanks in advance

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

nero and roxio don't play well togeather, get rid of roxio just my two cents

3. SiberLynx

SiberLynx Member

Hi,
    Thanks rdmercer1,
    Every cent counts :)
    I know that Roxio & Nero installed on one system can bring surprises.
    At the same time if they are on different boxes theoretically it shouldn’t be a problem concerning media because we are talking about a standardised format. Am I right?
    (unless they check each others name in order to kick competitors ass:)
    No, seriously…
    It is not a big deal to install some free burning SW on win2000 instead of old Roxio.
    I can even live without any burning SW there. Computers are networked.
    Anyway Nero must not choke like that on a media created by Roxio paralysing whole system. That’s for sure.
    Regards