1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NERO and Convert all audio format like asf... to MP3

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cecilia, Nov 9, 2004.

1. cecilia

cecilia Guest

dear my friend,

I want to know the NERO ULTRA EDITION convert the audio format like ASF format to MP3. Please help me or I have to buy the software to convert some audio format to MP3 ?

Thank you

CECILIA

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

It's been a while since I've used the ASF format, but I believe it will, as long as you have the Retail version of Nero, it can encode it to MP3 format.

Worst case, you would need to load a third party driver to allow Nero to work with the ASF Format, and you can obtain that from the below link.

http://neroplugins.cd-rw.org/

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

3. cecilia

cecilia Guest

Dear Craig,,

Please help me, what software (the third party) that I need to download. I go to this web that you show me, i saw a lot of the software.
    Please show me what software that I have to download to convert asf to mp3

CECILIA
    Thsank you for your help

4. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Cecilia,

There is one plugin called ASF/WMA, and this should work.

Before doing this, simply try launching Nero Burning ROM, and go to Extras->Encode files. Then click on the ADD button and under File Types select 'All Files(*.*)' and see if you are then able to select the ASF audio file and convert to MP3. I believe this will work without needing to install the third party plugin.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

5. cecilia

cecilia Guest

Dear CRAIG

Thank you for your suggestion. I will try it tonight

CECILIA

6. cecilia

cecilia Guest

DEAR MY FRIEND

I try using NERO NURNING ROM , launching Extra - encode files. So nero appear this message: 'Microsoft
    doesnot allow transcoding of WMA files into the other format ". I think we can not do that.
    So you told me using the third party ASF/WMA. i have to dounload window media SDK 9. I have to pay something for using this software. I own the OS Window XP home edtion, in this OS if I have the window media SDK 9 or not ?

Please help me

7. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

When a WMA file is created, there is an option to enabled Protection, which is enabled by default. If this is enabled, then the WMA File you create can not be reencoded, or burned to an Audio CD.

You must create the WMA file with this feature disabled, and then you can reencode to another audio format or burn to Audio CD.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

8. cecilia

cecilia Guest

dear CRaig,

I try to do that tonight
    hopely it will work

Cecilia

Thank you