1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero and copying "On The Fly"

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by MichaelP1, Apr 29, 2007.

1. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

all the sudden i can't use my Lite-On SHW-160P6S with the PSOB firmware to "Copy On The Fly" with nero dvd burning rom 7.8.5.0 version ,the box is grayed out . My PX-716A work fine but not the Lite-On i tryed doing a clean reinstall worked for a few day but now its back to being grayed out. any ideas guys? only thing i can thing of is the Lite-On is wearing out and nero isn't able to recognize it. heres some screen shots of what I'm talking about

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2007
  2. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I cant understand why you would even want to copy "on the fly"...even Nero warns it's risky.

3. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

gwendolin,because it takes less time and i don't want to store a bunch of movie files on my HD. i have done countless dvds that way with NO problems using Taiyo Yuden media and burning at 8x and it works fine

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2007
  4. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

do you have a disk in your drive when you see the greyed out On The Fly? sometimes if you don't have a disk in the drive it might grey it out! Just a thought.

5. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

What is the problem with this:

fabdcrypter to HD/Nero Recode2/ Nero burning room. and when you finish, just delete the files. oh, i get it, you never heard of "delete", it is a new thing, you click on a folder, hit the delete and bye bye with the files.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  6. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

IHoe , yeah it doesn't matter if theres a disc in the drive or not its still grayed out.

7. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

maybe it's a buggy version of Nero 7? I don't use version 7..... still with my trusty 6.6.0.18! Hasn't failed me yet!

8. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

IHoe I'm pretty sure its the drive since the PX716As both show up ,plus its done it with several versions of nero not just this one. i use the Lite-On to rip with and its probably wearing out.

9. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

well, then you know! good luck!

10. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

yeah i just didn't want to buy a new drive if i didn't have to. i have the one Lite-On as a slave and both Plextors as masters so i may just switch them around using the Lite-On as a master and one of the Plextors as a slave and use it to rip and burn on the fly with till i pick up a new one