1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero and Sonic

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by rbrock, Jun 25, 2007.

1. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

I fond a PC on the curb and cleaned the dust out of it now it works fine 2 gig CPU 80 gig hard drive 512 memory made by Sony thank you very much It has Sonic on it I have not tried to burn with it but I would like to install Nero 6 I was wondering if it would conflict Sonic ?

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Might not conflict - I've run Sonic and Nero on my laptop for the past 2 years with no problems.
    If it does you can always uninstall it.

Not a bad fine there :)

3. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Thanks Binkie I can always count on you for your help ! I'll install Nero and try the sonic stuff to see if I like it. I just did not want to delete the sonic stuff just yet because I can't reinstall it (I don't have the Disc that came with the PC)

4. hobbit112

hobbit112 Regular member

Hey Binkie does that ring true with Nero 7 also? (I was going to throw this same question out next week :))

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@rbrock
    Not a problem!
    I mainly use Sonic to burn cd's - the other stuff wasn't as thrilled with - I like Nero better.

@hobbit112
    Try it out - I have Nero 6 on the laptop w/ Sonic. Been meaning to update Nero on it to 7 just haven't gotten around to it :)

Look in the Nero log and see if you see this driver under existing drivers - CDRALW2K.SYS.
    That's the Roxio driver that can sometimes cause problems w/ Nero.