1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero and sony dvd-r printable problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by midjam, Jan 17, 2007.

1. midjam

midjam Member

Hi guys complete noob here.

Any help would be great please.

I`m trying to burn to a Sony dvd-r printable disk, the sony dvd-r unprintables / sony dvdrw burn fine.

I`m using nero 7 and the NEC ND 2510A dvd burner.

Also i have uninstalled system mechanic 6 because it really messed things up.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

First off edit your post and edit out your Nero Product Key from the Log File. It is located right under the...

----- Begin NeroAPI error log -----

Part of the log. It starts with 1CXX.XXX.XXXX.XXXX Etc. Etc.

I am not good at reading the LOGS but you really need to edit the product key from the post.

3. midjam

midjam Member

Ok thanks alot for that.

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Your DMA settings are all on and your using quality media.

Do you have DOA Enabled? (Disc At Once) Where it burns while it is transcoding?

I ask because I see (Direct burning: true) in the Log but don't know if that means burn after transcoding or burn during transcoding.

If you have Disc at once enabled then i would untick the box and have it burn the image file to the HDD and burn after the transcoding is done.

Other then that i do not see anything odd about the log file. Maybe someone else can help.

If so try to slow it down to half the rated disc speed.

Your firmware version says 2.96 and I found an update version for that drive of 3.26 at softpedia...

http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/FIRMWARE/Nec/Nec-ND2510A-firmware-326.shtml

The odd thing is that NEC support page says the firmware for your drive is ND-2510A FW 2.19 but yet your drive has the firmware version of 2.96 already. So I don't know if you should trust the firmware update from Softpedia. (Unless NEC hasn't updated their site in a while which would explain how you have a firmware of 2.96 but NEC site says the latest is 2.19)

Link to NEC firmware page ----> http://support.necam.com/Optical/downloads/FlashFirmware/

Are you burning at MAX speed?

5. midjam

midjam Member

Thanks for your help and yes i have tryed with and without DAO.

And tryed all the speeds.

The firmware will not work, i think because the dvd drive came with my fujitsu pc (oem).

And its just the printables that don`t seem to work.

6. midjam

midjam Member

Maybe a stupid question but i`ll ask all the same.

Ok my home dvd player will only play dvd-r is there a way to burn a dvd-rw so as to fool the dvd player into thinking its a dvd-r ?

Thx