1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero and Vista problems

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Max99, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Max99

Max99 Guest

I purchase new Windows Vista Ultimate and my XP was old Nero. Now I can't uninstall it or upgrade. What I should do? Thanks..

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

You'll need nero 7 to use with vista. Your problems are just beginning with Vista.

3. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

To be more explicit, you will need a version from 7.5.9.0 (my pick) onwards...if you have Nero 6 you can upgrade and receive a discount...if you have Nero 7 then you can just upgrade at NO cost.

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

If you are talking about removing Nero after an upgrade from XP to Vista, I haven't had that experience. You might try the clean tools to see what they can do, but you may still have to search your system for any Nero or Ahead folders. The same with the registry, but be careful there.

One big gotcha about Vista is the search function. Using the default options to do searches is basically--worthless!! Go in and change the search options so it will find the files you need. One way, is to look for a file you know is there and change the options so it finds it. Some of your stuff may be in an OLD WINDOWS folder, or something like that.

5. Max99

Max99 Guest

Thanks Saltgrass. Windows cleanup tool successfully uninstalled old Nero 7 version and I installed newest 7 version and everything works fine (Upgrade didn't worked). If somebody have uninstall problems, this is very good software for this problem.

6. huythoang

huythoang Member

I dont even know where to begin with my nero problem. I have nero 7 ultra and i downloaded the update as well. Right after i installed vista on my labtop, i immediately installed nero. Midway through the installation, it gave me an error. something like "windows explorer needs to be closed." I skipped it because that was the only thing i could do. i closed every program i could. then after that a message window pops up saying "windows installer has stopped working." and then another window pops up saying "Internal error: Cusomt Action DLL crashed on last call in function 'NeroAg_UnregisterComEx.' Ths installer must now exit Crash Thread ID 2344 Current Thread ID 1296. I looked in my C drive and i noticed there was a Nero folder. I manually tried to delete the folder but it says "i need permission to perform the action." I am the only one using my labtop. I notice that there is a Nero Scout icon when i go to my computer. Nero screwed up on my labtop and i need to get it working. Thanks for the help.

7. kalim_2

kalim_2 Guest

Ref you post dated 21 march 2007
    I have similar problem. I have xp and vista installed. I have tried to install Nero 7 on vista but fails in half way. It appears in installed program but not available for use.
    When I try to uninstall it don’t uninstall.
    I have Nero 7 and also update v7.7.5.1 and
    But as old 7 do not uninstall update don't work
    What is Windows cleanup tool, I don't find in widows vista program
    Kalimullah

8. killalot

killalot Active member

Nero and windows vista what a combination good luck many days, weeks, months, of headache.