1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NERO AND XPPRO

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by ERSOBANKS, Jul 11, 2003.

1. ERSOBANKS

ERSOBANKS Member

I RECENTLY UPGRADED TO XP PRO FROM 08........MY NERO WILL NOT BURN..IT LOCKS UP RIGHT WHEN I CLICK BURN.........SOMEONE PLEEEEEEZ HELP ME IM GOIN NUTS

2. thargor

thargor Member

More details please. Version of nero?, Did original come with writer or purchased from a store, tell us as much as you can if you need help. Thanks

3. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

You say "upgraded". I hope this means that you reformatted your drive and installed XP from scratch?? A lot of the time in my experience, upgrade installations over the top of an older OS such as 98 or 98SE just never seems to go as well as a clean install.
    Back up all your drivers, make sure you have all the latest versions of your apps & bits, format the drive and do a clean install. Most of your problems will go away as if by magic!

4. ERSOBANKS

ERSOBANKS Member

it didnt come from a store.a friend gave it to me.......its ver 5.5.9.,14......and i upgraded straight no reformat except for the c:\.........but all worked well except nero

5. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

Did you check your ASPI drivers? XP doesnt have its own ASPI drivers so you have to install them yourself.. Adaptec's ASPI drivers work the best at least in my experience anyway. Also, check to make sure XP's CD burning engine is working correctly.. Turn off that irrating option that popups everytime a blank cdr/rw is inserted into the drive.

6. dvdps2

dvdps2 Regular member

7. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member