1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Audio/Video Sync

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Fiends, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Fiends

Fiends Member

I have been having this problem with Nero alone. It seems some video will have unsynced audio with the video and will progrssively get worse until the end when the audio could be 20-30 min off. Please help!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Using Nero 7?
    Check out these fixes from sonnet79 & alkohol in this thread - link

3. Fiends

Fiends Member

I'll give it a try and reply if it works. Thanks Binkie!

4. Fiends

Fiends Member

I tried to fix and now I can't add any video files to a burn project, it just says "Unable to insert (filename)"... Why is Nero such a piece of junk?

5. binkie7

Hmmm which fix did you do?
    I used sonnet79's - replacing the 2 .ax files.

Which version of 7 are you running?

A clean install may help. Uninstall Nero - run the clean tool.
    Reboot. Now run a registry cleaner. Here's a good free one - ccleaner. Use the issues and cleaner options.
    Reinstall Nero. Now try the fixes again.

6. Fiends

Fiends Member

None of that stuff seems to fix the problem. It seems only some .avi files create sync problems. I tried burning another file today and it was terrible while the first oen worked perfectly.

I guess I will try Sonnets fix again, I just want to burn some DVD's...

7. binkie7

Yeah it's not all that the audio is out of sync on.
    If you don't want to try the fix again use another program on those.
    1st play the file w/ Showtime - out of sync there then Vision will be too.
    Here's a free one - DivXtoDVD.
    Just a basic program but usually doesn't have the audio out of sync like Nero does.
    In standard set it to the tv format you're in - PAL - Europe etc, NTSC - US, Canada.
    Save the file to your hard drive then use Nero Burning Rom or Express to burn.

8. Fiends

Fiends Member

Okay I will give that a try but what do you mean with Showtime? What's Showtime and if I play the file regularly, without wasting a DVD disk this will show me if the .avi will be out of sync and I will know I have to use DivXtoDVD?

I am kind of confused, after encoding the file that was out of sync with DivXtoDVD I then need to use Nero to burn it to a DVD? I just want to make sure I have the instructions right because I hate wasting DVD discs.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  9. binkie7

Showtime is nero's media player.
    It will be listed under applications.
    If you play the avi with Showtime and the audio is out of sync there then Vision will be too.

Use the original avi w/ DivX2DVD - not the one converted from Vision.
    Divx2dvddoesn't have the same problems w/ audio being out of sync as Nero does.

10. Fiends

Fiends Member

So after encoding with DivXtoDVD the encoded files should be okay to burn to a DVD? Also, I tried encoding a .avi and I got a lot of "bad frames" at different numbers and I am not sure whether or not the video will turn out good after encoding with DivXtoDVD. Let me know if there is anything I should look for, like error or things that I would need to fix (I am sick of wasting all my DVD discs). Thanks!

11. binkie7

Yes the avi encoded with DivX2DVD should be good to burn - you can play it back from you hard drive to sure.
    The bad frames are usually dropped - you probably won't even notice when you play it back. Just to be sure again try and playback from the pc b/4 burning. That way you won't be wasting a disc if it's bad.

12. Fiends

Fiends Member

So just so I can make sure, if I play an .AVI that would be unsynced if I burned it; in Showtime it will show whether or not I need to encode the file? Thanks!

13. binkie7

Here's what I do.
    When I have an avi etc I try playing it with Showtime. If the audio is out of sync then I know not to use Vision to encode/convert.
    I then try playing it VLC player (free). 99% of the time it's fine there.
    I just spot check the file.
    Now I use something besides Vision like DivX2DVD or it's big bro ConvertXtoDVD (not free) to convert/encode it.

I hope that helps. If not just post back.

14. Fiends

Fiends Member

Okay, that made a lot more sense. Yes, I use VLC too and I didn't want to waste more DVD's trying to burn more of these files. Thanks a lot for your help Binkie, I tried using divXtoDVD to encode a file and it gave me an "exception" error but I shall try it again later.

15. binkie7

You welcome Fiends
    I can't blame you on not wanting to waste more discs - so save to the hard drive 1st to check them after converting then you can use Nero Burning Rom or Express to burn if all ok.

I haven't ran it really any problems w/ Divx or ConvertX so I'm not sure why you would get an exception error esp. if Vision was able to convert.
    These 2 usually do ones Vision can't handle.
    You can always post back the whole error and I'll see what I can find.

Here's another free you might want to try DVD Flick. I've downloaded it but haven't tried it yet. I know others have tried it and like it though.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2007
  16. Fiends

Fiends Member

Yeah, I am really into hardware and OS's and what not but the whole DVD burning was somewhat new to me. I will try encoding the file again to I can burn it on a DVD. Thanks again Binkie, if the error comes up again I will post it for you.

17. binkie7

Not a problem Fiends
    I'm sure you'll get the hang of it in no time at all.

18. Fiends

Fiends Member

Care to give me an easy tutorial on putting the VideoTS and AudioTS or whatever on a DVD with whatever other Nero stuff I got to use?

19. Fiends

Fiends Member

This is the error I keep getting.

"Access violation at address 10003ED4 in module 'avcodec.dll'. Write of address 0000000F."

20. binkie7

hmmmm I wasn't able to find much on the error.
    Only 2 things I could find were to try uninstalling & reinstalling and this error listed as a bug in ConvertX's previous version history.

I'm guessing the audio is off on this one w/ Nero?

Try DVDFlick - this program will also burn but save to the hard drive instead.
    If this one fails too then you might just be better trying to get another avi.

For burning the video you just need to burn the video_ts folder - video and audio is in this folder. Audio_ts is usually empty.

You can use Express or Burning Rom.
    Here's a guide for burning rom using multiple recorders - you can still use it you just won't chekc the multiple recorder options in Burning Rom - link

Here's an older one for Express in Nero 6. 7 is basically the same. The only diff is in the last screen to change the burn setting you'll need to 'expand' the screen by clicking what looks like an arrow on the left hand side. link