1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Back It up , wont restore PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by tremaine, Feb 1, 2005.

1. tremaine

tremaine Member

I use nero 6.6.0.6 back it up to backup my audio files, it took 3 dvd's and came to about 11 gigs. I reformatted my computer and reinstalled winxp,I than followed the steps to restore the backup i created. With nero u have to insert the last disk of the project first, because the setup files are on it.After it sets up the restore it tells you to insert the first disk of the backup.Now this is where the problem is, when i insert the 1st disk, the disk id is not showing up in the nero file, and it than says RESTORE PROCESS FAILED.

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I recently used this Nero Back it up so I know a little about it.

Negative, you need to put in the first disk (I hope you labeled them or numbered them)

Just restart your computer with CD1 in your dvd-rom drive, ignore the 2 options it gives you, once its done running through the commands all you have to do is hit restore off to the right and hit enter like 3 or 4 times, when CD1 is done enter CD2, when that one is done put CD3 in and thats all you need to do.

3. tremaine

tremaine Member

yah i've triend that and every other imaginable combinations of tricks, I found a way to get the files onto the computer but its going to take forever.basically you insert the dvd, right click on the actuall file , song pic etc... and click the option to open with nero backup restore.It works, but if you have a lot of files like i do it takes forever. thanks for your help though.

4. Bd_Blues

Bd_Blues Guest

Its Worthless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Did A Test Several Times And The Only Way I Could Get My Datum Back Was The Same Way. One File At A Time.

5. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I don't kow what to say....I use nero backit up and it works very well, it doesn't compress the image like norton ghost but it works well fo me.

I just pop in my disc, restart my computer, and it starts to restore...dunno