1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Backitup HELP !!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Darkhadou, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

Can anyone help me here, I've searched everywhere but no hope. The prob is that im using Nero Backitup to backup "My Documents" which is 9.05gb I am aware that I have to use 2 DVD's and this is hwere the problem comes in, after burning of 1 dvd has completed Nero then starts a Data Verification process, this process i taking nearly as long as the burning process (burning process took 1hr 10mins) can anyone here help me out on this and tell me if this is SUPPOSED to take long or what ? and can't I just cancel the verification since DVD has been burnt ?

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Darkhadou,

If you don't care if the Data you're backing up is correct then forget the verifying BUT don't yell when your files aren't there at a later date.

To verify your disc every files has to be checked so it takes almost as long as it does to burn.

I don't understand if you had a question or a complaint ?

Cheers,

Pete

3. Darkhadou

Darkhadou Regular member

ROTFL thanx, it was a question.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

The only thing to check is in your device manager - see if your DVD writer is in the DMA transfer mode and not the PIO mode -

Other than that, grab a coke and watch some TV OR search the "net". When your system is verifiying data, you s/b able to multi-task without too much trouble -

Cheers,

Pete

5. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

i use nero backitup to ghost my hardrives but if I can remember correctly (since i havn't used it in while, cause I ghosted it) there should be an option to skip the varification.

6. putikcab

putikcab Guest

After you have done a back up and have not ticked verification or compress files can you not just check if the files have been copied correctly i.e open a few copied files? If the back up didn't work properly would all files be corrupted or just some? I suppose you can't open every backed up file especially if you are backing up 4GB of files!!

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member