1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Backup/Restore - restored files corrupt & large

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by paragorn, Jan 21, 2007.

1. paragorn

paragorn Member

I used Nero Backitup 2 to back up my HD before doing a complete wipe.
    Now I've a clean HD - i've installed Nero and attemped a restore.
    If I select a small amount of data to restore then all is fine.
    If I select the complete backup or even a large portion of it then I get errors. The restore is very slow. The retore screen said 5Gb to be restored but it put 15GB on my HD. I checked the files. Some are ok but others are approx double their original size and some have gone from 1K to 97000k in size.

If I try to restore these files individually then they work fine.

Anyone got any ideas? I can't restore my whole HD one folder/file at a time!

Any help appreciated.

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

After you wiped your hard drive, what did you do--reinstall Windows and then Nero? Did you try to restore using the Boot CD and do a complete restore, of course this might depend on how you did your original backup.

Where is your backup?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  3. paragorn

paragorn Member

I used dell system restore to restore the system to it's delivered condition. Then I installed Nero. Then attached the Maxtor drive via USB. Then double clicked on the first nero backup file. This started nero backitup in restore mode with the complete backup selected. I deselected all - then selected all my data (no windows or program files folders) and clicked restore (to original location).
    I left it overnight. In the morning it told me it failed (no space on disk. The disk was full. On ckecking through some files were ok. Others were corrupt and showed large size. (1Mb instead of 1Kb).