1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Backup Stops

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by vicsvw, Mar 23, 2005.

1. vicsvw

vicsvw Member

I tried running Nero-6 "Backup" on my Dell Laptop win98 computer and it ran through 6 CDRW's (9hrs 13 min)and stoped with the following message "Could not Perorm End Track *Burn Process failed at 4x(600KB/s)
    I tried this twice with the same results. I have filled out the involved forum questions twice with no answer. New to Nero. Vic

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

could you give us more info?

whats this mean? it ran through 6 CDRW's (9hrs 13 min)

what do you have and where do you want to get to?

3. vicsvw

vicsvw Member

The "Nero Backup" burnt 6 CD's which took 9 Hours & 13 min to burn the 6-CDRW's and then I recived the message above that the backup failed. I was trying to back up my computers hard drive. Vic.

4. furyan

furyan Member

I know exactly what you are talking about.

I have this 13 GB .avi to backup and when i try backing it up using nero backup. It uses up 2 DVD'S goes up to the third and then says "Backup failed."

What does this mean guys ? Because nero claims to span multiple DVD's or CD's.

Is there a rule somewhere that says that the file must fit completely on one single DVD in other words "One large file cannot be backed up across multiple disc's"
    ???

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

try useing divxtodvd to make the vob/ifo/bup from your AVI, then load to a re-author app to make what you want...

6. furyan

furyan Member

Thanks!
    I will give it a shot and tell you if it works.
    What I am actually doing is trying to backup my avi's so that I can later restore them and work on them individually and create my home movies.

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

oh i see! well you may want to consider just putting the avi on the dvdr as an avi! cos changing a format looses quailty!!!!

so keep as avi! but you say you have 13.gig avi which as we know wont fit, so you may really need an AVI splitter or someting? to break it up then get it back later?

unless you want to make dvd films out of it?

your chioce?

8. vicsvw

vicsvw Member

I am backing up mostely Data and it still stops. Would I be better off trying anouther Backup type. Dosn't MS have one. ? Vic.