1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Burned Full Disk of AVI and it hangs my machine

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by abrogard, Aug 13, 2003.

1. abrogard

abrogard Regular member

Twice now I've burned CD's with .AVI files filling them to where nero says it can't do it unless it can close the disk.
    They are 80 minute 730m disks.
    I say okay and Nero does what it claims is a perfect burn at 8 x.
    Then in my other computer (or even the same one) looking at that disk will sometimes hang the machine and trying to copy from it or play the movie from it will hang everything every time. Task manager says 'not responding'.
    Is this a bug with Nero?
    Or some switch I'm not setting?
    Or would you guess at bad blanks?
    Or what?
    :)
    (sorry if this is the wrong forum... it seems the most appropriate to me..)

2. afonic

afonic Guest

Hi!
    Well I understood that you use overburning right? Also 80 min Cds are just 700MB so trying to write 730MB is much. If Nero says the writing was OK then it shouldn't have a problem. But some CD players can't play overwrited disks. Try installing new firmware to your CD-player and new ASPI drivers as well and try again._

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2003
  3. abrogard

abrogard Regular member

No, I haven't checked 'overwrite' and there's not that much on the disks. They come in under the limit, before you need to allow overwrite. I actually tried to keep the second one under 700. The first one was a movie and went a tad over 700.

730 is what they've got written on them. They're made by AOCOM if that means anything to anyone.

Firmware? That's ROM, isn't it? How'm I going to upgrade my CD ROM? I've never heard of doing that.

I'll look at drivers for my burner but it's a new machine, complete with drivers.

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

not nero i think, its usually the fault of the burner or the media!