1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero Burning Issue

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by JackieD, Dec 14, 2004.

1. JackieD

JackieD Member

Hi

I'm running Nero 6 on Windows XP Home. During the burning process I always get this message:

'This process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. C:\my documents\local settings\application data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook pst'

I like to burn a backup copy of my Outlook pst file but does this message mean than I am actually NOT burning this file? If so, how can I ensure that I can back it up?

2. lisamw

lisamw Member

make sure there are no programs using the file your trying to burn try closing everything else, or using you ctrl+alt+deleate to close some programs you might not be able to see are open and usuing the file (close only ones under the owner heading) or try restarting the computer

3. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

yeah if you have a program running then you can't move, delete, burn , etc to the file until you closed it properly

4. Kingd

Kingd Guest

Make sure Outlook is not running in the backround.

5. JackieD

JackieD Member

Thanks for the advise everyone. It looks like I haven't backed up my pst file in the two years I thought I was doing it!

Cheers

6. JackieD

JackieD Member

Ok, this is strange. The process Outlook.exe is not running yet I'm still getting the same message

when I try to burn.
    Could it be that another process is linked to Outlook and I need to close that down? If so, what

processes would I need
    to close?

By the way, I am on Broadband and therefore have a constant Internet connection. So even if I don't

launch Outlook
    I still receive e-mails. Could this have something to do with it?

7. Kingd

Kingd Guest

8. JackieD

JackieD Member

Thanks for your help. I'll download that now