1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nero burning Issues with USB2.0..Help!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by blakeas, Nov 10, 2004.

1. blakeas

blakeas Member

I used DVD shrink to encode the stepford wives then i downloaded the trial version of Nero burning rom. I have the DVD A04 drive and i have it in an external enclosure with it using my USB 2.0 interface in my Inspiron 8600. This is the first time i have used this external drive to burn and i get 1% on my burning process and then it looks like my burning stops - the drive busy light is not on but on the screen it still is counting down like it is burning?!? it says it is on action: Track - Can anyone help? or guide me somewhere i can troubleshoot this?

2. blakeas

blakeas Member

i have used this drive in my desktop flawlessly but i got a new drive so i put this drive in an external enclosure and hooked it up to my laptop - is there anything i need to do first since i hooked it up externally to make it work with my laptop correctly? Is that the problem? The media i have has worked fine with this drive in my desktop so that is not the problem.